Manx Gas MEGA Price Rise

James Blonde

56 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Mr Cannan has I believe said that the government have given Crogga the go ahead, and even I think suggested that he did not know what they are waiting for

I think he meant the go ahead to keep looking, not necessarily to start extracting. But yes, you are right, government are not holding up the progress as we stand.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I think he meant the go ahead to keep looking, not necessarily to start extracting. But yes, you are right, government are not holding up the progress as we stand.

croga will be hoping for government funding to help them along 

1 hour ago, SleepyJoe said:

Mr Cannan has I believe said that the government have given Crogga the go ahead, and even I think suggested that he did not know what they are waiting for

They're waiting for winter so they can carry out the seismic surveys required to find the best spots to extract the gas... the  seismic survey work was delayed by a decree of the IOM Government so as not to upset the local sea grass...

I'm worried if Alfie C doesn't remember that... 

7 hours ago, somewhatdamaged said:

I really do think there will be some cold / poverty related deaths on the Island this winter.  Really hope i am wrong.

I know families who are saying they won't be able to afford heating this winter and are instead buying blankets etc, so i can only imagine how hard it must be for a pensioner on their own

Awful times, in a first world country. 

How did people cope before central heating & pvc double glazing? I & many of my friends lived in flats with no heating except portable gas fires & wooden windows. Freezing so we just put more clothes on!!

17 minutes ago, Banker said:

How did people cope before central heating & pvc double glazing? I & many of my friends lived in flats with no heating except portable gas fires & wooden windows. Freezing so we just put more clothes on!!

Wake up on a winter's morning, mother would scrape the ice off the inside of my bedroom window (Glen Auldyn). One coal fire in the house, that was it.

• Like 8

"You yunguns dont know how good youve got it, back in my day we had to walk 50 miles every morning for a poo and there was ice and bears oooh it was so dangerous look at you now with your central heating and windows actual windows oh in my day the windows were made of ice ICE!!! oh and we had to walk everywhere and now you've got cars... " 

Gurning Man used to publicise an anti smoking campaign in (Photos  Prints,...) #21337086

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

This...no central heating , single glazed old metal framed windows . Windows ice on the inside in winters. Limited coal fire and for sure wrapped up in warm clothes. Problem nowadays is most places of work have to maintain a minimum temp so it becomes a need when they get home. Not changing anytime soon.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, manxfisherman said:

"You yunguns dont know how good youve got it, back in my day we had to walk 50 miles every morning for a poo and there was ice and bears oooh it was so dangerous look at you now with your central heating and windows actual windows oh in my day the windows were made of ice ICE!!! oh and we had to walk everywhere and now you've got cars... " 

Gurning Man used to publicise an anti smoking campaign in (Photos  Prints,...) #21337086

your not Rob Collister are you sounds like some of the crap he comes out with !