House price inflation by £1000 per week ?

Shake me up Judy

5 minutes ago, BriT said:

Is this going to be another one of those threads where you argue counter logically until you are blue in the face and get banned again? 

Used car sales down over 400,000 units. 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/consumer/used-car-sales-down-more-400000-buyers-tighten-belts

Sales are down. Prices are up.  Mainly due to the lack of semiconductors etc available from China and Singapore.

More likely that like the last thread that you claim I was arguing counter logically, I am actually right again.

We are discussing a particular house in Peel and so far no one has given any evidence to say it isn’t fairly priced in the current market.  The fact that it will have loads of viewings over the next few days and probably be under offer inside a month will show that to be the case.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Hopefully that development won’t get approval as the one access point is just be Braddan bridge where traffic is absolutely chaos in mornings & from 4-6pm. Understand both Braddan & Douglas authorities are objecting 

If they do object and more new houses don’t get built around Douglas, that will only serve to drive the prices up in Saddlestone, Farmhill, Cronk my Mona, Tromode etc which will make the moaners moan even more.

Just now, Asthehills said:

The fact that it will have loads of viewings over the next few days and probably be under offer inside a month will show that to be the case.

That’s pure supposition. Mortgage rates are rocketing. That house would have been £445K max two years ago. Nobody is going to be mental enough to pay the asking price or near in this climate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Hopefully that development won’t get approval as the one access point is just be Braddan bridge where traffic is absolutely chaos in mornings & from 4-6pm. Understand both Braddan & Douglas authorities are objecting 

Why do you think that will stop them?

4 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Why do you think that will stop them?

I’m not sure it will stop them which is why I said hopefully. Personally think it’s in wrong place because of access/traffic issues & that’s why there’s so many objections. Pulrose on part of golf course is an idea site or Johnny Watterson lane opposite cat pub is another good site

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

I’m not sure it will stop them which is why I said hopefully. Personally think it’s in wrong place because of access/traffic issues & that’s why there’s so many objections. Pulrose on part of golf course is an idea site or Johnny Watterson lane opposite cat pub is another good site

One is a golf course and the other is only down as “strategic Reserve” in the area plan.

The areas zoned for residential, which the one Hartford have proposed is, will need to be exhausted before they hit the strategic reserves.

23 minutes ago, Banker said:

"Absolute chaos?" That's exaggeration of the year award to you.

It's slightly busy. That's all it is. Maybe you need to get off island more. 

North Circular. That's very busy. Absolute chaos? No.

Champs elysees? Maybe

Braddon Bridge? Having a laugh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

"Absolute chaos?" That's exaggeration of the year award to you.

It's slightly busy. That's all it is. Maybe you need to get off island more. 

We shouldn’t need to get off the Island more. We should not be over developing the Island so it’s as bad as the UK to get about. The run in and out from Braddan is terrible at peak times. That estate will make it even worse it’s obvious. The traffic planning issues need to be sorted before an estate is approved not fudged afterwards. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Banker said:

20 odd years ago there was a move involving DBC & Dandara to re-zone the Golf Course and build a new one on the opposite side of the road from Kewaigue School ( where those work shy freeloading teachers sometimes go ) unfortunately for Dandara the land opposite was part of the Braddan plan and effectively outside Douglas.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

We shouldn’t need to get off the Island more. We should not be over developing the Island so it’s as bad as the UK to get about. The run in and out from Braddan is terrible at peak times. That estate will make it even worse it’s obvious. The traffic planning issues need to be sorted before an estate is approved not fudged afterwards. 

Needs 'peak time only' traffic lights with proper phasing.  But that will never happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Well at least we have moved from absolute chaos to just plain old "terrible". 

I think you missed my point. I merely said he was exaggerating.