House price inflation by £1000 per week ?

Shake me up Judy

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

https://www.lancs.live/whats-on/whats-on-news/beautiful-lancashire-village-named-best-23610775

Beautiful Lancashire village named best place to live in the North West

Kirkby Lonsdale was also named in the Sunday Times Best Places to Live top three.

And still far, far cheaper than here. 

And some places that are dumps are far more expensive than here.  What’s your point?

Average house prices increased over the year in England to £312,000 (16.4%) July 2022, which is a bit behind the 328k listed for the island in the last government housing report.  So we are more expensive than some places and less expensive than others but not at the very high end that some people seem to think we are especially if you factor in stamp duty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Kirkby Lonsdale was also named in the Sunday Times Best Places to Live top three.

And still far, far cheaper than here.

I really like Kirkby Lonsdale and the whole Lune Valley, it's a lovely place. Isolated, but lovely.

But if demand was high, prices would follow. Any house is only worth what someone will pay for it.

Many years ago I used to live in Berkhamsted, in prime London commuter territory. £600k wouldn't buy a 3-bed semi there now.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Yeah you are right and I concede.  Obviously the Island has the worst desirability to property value ratio of all the places in Britain where prices are higher than here 🤔🙄

No I asked you where in your opinion was a dump where property prices are higher than here. Such a place much exist as you said it does. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

No I asked you where in your opinion was a dump where property prices are higher than here. Such a place much exist as you said it does. 

I cant be arsed.  You don't believe anything anyone posts no matter how backed up with evidence it is and I have better things to do than teach you UK Geography and end up in a pointless spat with someone who can never admit they might be wrong.

If you genuinely believe there is nowhere that is a worse place to live than here where you would have to pay more for a property than we do then crack on.  I guess it's subjective anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Everyone feels that the grass is greener across..I know five families who left  over the last few years  after selling their house here.. Two of them are back already and a third is planning to come back soon.

They cannot afford to buy a house here now  similar to what they had before due to the prices now..

They are all renting .

Edited by mad_manx

18 minutes ago, BriT said:

Oh surely you have a good 3 hours of pointless arguing left in you yet. 

Nah.

Happy to discuss and debate anything with anyone, but not some clown who turns this statement into an argument.

"Houses are expensive.  That’s life, and we are still cheaper than huge areas of the UK"

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Asthehills said:

Happy to discuss and debate anything with anyone, but not some clown who turns this statement into an argument.

To be fair you seem to be the clown fella. Every thread you participate in just seems to become a deliberate argument that goes on and on and on in the most painful manner going. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

To be fair you seem to be the clown fella. Every thread you participate in just seems to become a deliberate argument that goes on and on and on in the most painful manner going. 

And I ended this one despite what I had said being completely correct, before it went the way of the MPG one where people like you refused to believe I was right (even though I was)

May your day be happy and wavey and not be blighted by being proven wrong on the internet again. 

3 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

And I ended this one despite what I had said being completely correct, before it went the way of the MPG one where people like you refused to believe I was right (even though I was)

May your day be happy and wavey and not be blighted by being proven wrong on the internet again. 

Don’t rise to its bait. Put wavey on ignore. He’s on enforced holiday after being told to wind his neck in and stop the low level trolling, tít for tat escalation.

• 4 weeks later...

This made me laugh before it’s a multi generational opportunity designed for fresh starters (ie, divorced people carving up assets looking to be left with two cheap houses out of one expensive house), first-time buyers (ie, people who can’t afford to buy anywhere else but Jurby), growing families, and those looking to downsize (ie, those cashing out in nice areas where Jurby is the only viable option left open to them to bank a few quid).

Note it’s only the upgrade packages (ie, where you agree to pay thousands extra on top) where heat pumps and solar are “standard”.

7062D1E3-21FE-4411-ACAA-DDFC3ABEE42D.jpeg

Edited by Steady Eddie