House price inflation by £1000 per week ?

Shake me up Judy

23 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Lloyds in the UK have set up Citra Living, a build to rent landlord scheme by agreeing deals with housebuilders, whereby they are aiming to be a serious player in the rental market in the UK. So I assume they would be doing the same here too?

Very good idea and dynamic. Unfortunately to set up you have to be part of the gang. Face fits etc. Government busy body interference unlike in the UK. Lloyds Citra Living will be using Government and Local Authority Landbank brownfield sites, and in particular authorities planning encouraging use of living accommodation above retail premises or offices. I can’t Citra fitting in here, politico nitpicking and government busybodying will kill off it off. Coupled with vested interests.

10 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Very good idea and dynamic. Unfortunately to set up you have to be part of the gang. Face fits etc. Government busy body interference unlike in the UK. Lloyds Citra Living will be using Government and Local Authority Landbank brownfield sites, and in particular authorities planning encouraging use of living accommodation above retail premises or offices. I can’t Citra fitting in here, politico nitpicking and government busybodying will kill off it off. Coupled with vested interests.

Really? A Lloyds/Dandara/Government cosy deal is exactly what you would expect on the island.   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Really? A Lloyds/Dandara/Government cosy deal is exactly what you would expect on the island.   

I would say it’s very unlikely they would set up here. It’s too small. The best the island could attract is a large scale redevelopment arm of social housing - eg Plum Life, part of Great Places Housing Group. They build large scale developments - apartments, houses for market rent, shared ownership and rent to buy. They also manage the schemes. 

This island doesn’t like change and certainly won’t want the dreaded word ‘profit’. You will then get politicos and toy town politicos interfering, calling these new players ‘nasty evil landlords’ both in social media and in the press. 

For the island to adopt a Housing Association model, it would mean creating a vehicle to transfer all the islands social housing properties, and both local authorities, council and government ceasing to have day to day control. They would have representation on the board. 

Edited by 2112

17 minutes ago, 2112 said:

This island doesn’t like change and certainly won’t want the dreaded word ‘profit’. You will then get politicos and toy town politicos interfering, calling these new players ‘nasty evil landlords’ both in social media and in the press. 

This island is awash with 'nasty evil landlords' who only care about 'profit'. As a tenant, you have no rights in practical terms. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

For the island to adopt a Housing Association model, it would mean creating a vehicle to transfer all the islands social housing properties, and both local authorities, council and government ceasing to have day to day control. They would have representation on the board. 

This isn't correct.  Housing associations are a different thing, going back to Victorian times.  Their model was adopted by some English Councils so as to protect their housing stock in an arms-length arrangement from various government threats, but there's no need for that here and any housing associations would be best using the older model, which is still what the majority of HAs are.

• Like 2

There's a massive housing market bubble everywhere, thats why Dandara's brown envelopes are flying around like confetti, thats why the planners are ignoring any area plan recommendations, thats why the government are ignoring their own green policies. there's money to be made NOW so they want as many houses up as fast as possible and sold as fast as possible, just come back from across and the amount of yellow signed 'villages' being built around the A6 are ridiculous i can't believe there are that many people wanting to live in Lancashire.

But it won't last for long and when it crashes its going to be 2008 bad, but by that time the money will be out and long gone.

• Like 5

I imagine in the UK, where it is still possible to buy property, between £100 and £150k that there will be a crash in the not too distant future. Wages are rising, there are goods and services shortages. These will fuel inflation and interest rates.

Thereafter when the cheap mortgage deals come to an end and the homeowners find themselves on a much higher than expected standard variable rate, the defaults will ramp up and the arse will fall out the market.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
11 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

It’s a versatile shell, i think most would be looking to convert it into flats as other neighbouring properties have done, 5 floors so five flats, you’d expect approx100k for each flat when finished. Could it be done with a budget of 45k per flat? I think the property probably needs to be closer to 180k-200k to leave a decent contingency.