House price inflation by £1000 per week ?

Shake me up Judy

17 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Are you relying on taxation to curtail property prices rather than YOU refusing the estate agency price  estimated?

No! Chrystals, I don't want 300k, just 260k will do for me!!!!

Supply (by building more and freeing up 2nd homes) is the only thing that will make an actual difference, but yes I sold mine for under asking.

13 hours ago, 2112 said:

Rob Callister on his FB page has aimed his ire at Chris Thomas. He put a copy of IOMG Facebook press release, with a barbed comment aimed at Chris Thomas. Most of the comments people are leaving aren’t complimentary to IOMG, and generally the mood is IOMG made a mess of things, have burned their bridges with the private rented sector and the damage is now done.

Pretty much every response to that Facebook Post is negative with various very valid reasons why it’s completely stupid given. Not least it’s totally disloyal to IOM workers who are already having problems renting to start trying to help landlords to house new resident key workers as a priority in addition to just the stupidity of the extra red tape and lack of any incentive for a landlord to do anything when presumably they don’t have any problems renting their properties out anyway. This is literally the biggest waste of time pile of crap initiative I’ve seen government deliver in a long time. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 2112 said:

Rob Callister on his FB page has aimed his ire at Chris Thomas. He put a copy of IOMG Facebook press release, with a barbed comment aimed at Chris Thomas. Most of the comments people are leaving aren’t complimentary to IOMG, and generally the mood is IOMG made a mess of things, have burned their bridges with the private rented sector and the damage is now done.

Big Rob Callister is still frothy that Chris Thomas was picked as DOI Minister over him. 

I heard he was going to challenge him to a bare knuckle fist fight. 

• Haha 1

Looks like Chris Thomas is reaping what he has sown , declared war on landlords , supported all kinds or registration , rules, and regulation ,but conveniently forgot government owned properties , , many owners got out of the market , and now he is appealing for these  very people to help support and solve  the shortage of property to let , 

plus not pushed for more local authority or affordable housing , all government seem to have done is demolish perfectly good housing ,and replace it  with a similar number of  new properties that were probably not as well built as the ones replaced , those they foolishly demolished should have been offered to first time buyers  along with a modernisation grant. And new property built in addition to the local government housing stock   together with accommodation near the hospital for junior doctors nurses and key workers ,    the rental would have more then covered any sum borrowed by government  for the construction , particularly with   the financial deals they can get  , similar to whats happened in  some parts the UK just required someone with business acumen and vision ,  , 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Big Rob Callister is still frothy that Chris Thomas was picked as DOI Minister over him. 

Would Rob's head count as a knuckle? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Perhaps Rob should have used his time in DFE to ask if anybody was actually keeping a count of how many people were coming here through the locate.im scheme which has caused the majority of the problem

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wavey Davey said:

This is literally the biggest waste of time pile of crap initiative I’ve seen government deliver in a long time. 

It’s sad. The response to every problem from our government is let’s introduce even more regulation that will do the trick! Then eventually they wonder why people stop doing stuff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, english zloty said:

Perhaps Rob should have used his time in DFE to ask if anybody was actually keeping a count of how many people were coming here through the locate.im scheme which has caused the majority of the problem

Yes but this scheme is for key workers. They actually work for government and yet amazingly even they don’t seem to know how many! 

35 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

That’s not too hard, Rob Callister would win as Chris Thomas would bore him to death, and Rob Callister would thump him to shut him up. Being sarcastic folks!