Fc Isle of Man….who is paying for it?

Nomadic Raptor

41 minutes ago, 2bees said:

It's great for the local team but I have heard that people who've been to every game of the season to support the team have missed out on tickets for the last couple of games because of touts, that's not very nice. 

To be fair the last game was available almost right up until the day of the game so I don't think this is the case.

I was caught short on Monday as I didn't appreciate they'd sell out so fast so missed out myself. Don't think anyone who's gone to every game would miss out because of touts certainly any game other than this. This is an isolated incident with this person (in that I've not heard of any others only to be clear). 

It's not really touts that are the issue. It's more that a load of people suddenly want to be involved now that it's become so popular and have literally just gone to their first game last week or even the final will be their first.

That and the fact that people appear to be buying 20 tickets a pop to secure them for anyone else they know who might want them.

Essentially it's glory hunting that is the issue. 

34 minutes ago, Chef Raekwon said:

It's not really touts that are the issue. It's more that a load of people suddenly want to be involved now that it's become so popular and have literally just gone to their first game last week or even the final will be their first.

That and the fact that people appear to be buying 20 tickets a pop to secure them for anyone else they know who might want them.

Essentially it's glory hunting that is the issue. 

That makes more sense, tbf I've only seen 2 posts by FB friends and 1 tweet so its not like thousands of actual fans are crying in their tea. 

Part of the issue is that competition rules don't allow them to do a pre-release sale to members or people who been to lots of games. This is to be fair to the opposition who's fans have to have the same opportunity to buy tickets.

Given the relative difference in support (FCIOM av att is 1612 and New Mills is 185) and the issues their fans would have traveling, this desire to be fair has created an unfairness elsewhere.

I guess the work around would have been to assign New Mills 300 tickets to sell via their website (if it has that capability) then do a release to members only. Then put on General Sale.

I've just seen that they have been able to secure extra spaces and these are being offered to members first.

5 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

some bloke trying to sell 2 tickets for £150 on facebook. That's right £150 quid to basically watch players from St Georges, Peel and Corinthians.

I saw one such post, and it was a guy being "funny". He posted the phone number of his "friend" in the advert, and I do not think it was genuine.

5 hours ago, 2bees said:

It's great for the local team but I have heard that people who've been to every game of the season to support the team have missed out on tickets for the last couple of games because of touts, that's not very nice. 

For the semi-final last week, there were several dozen tickets that were still available for sale on the gate on the night after 5:30pm.

7 hours ago, Josem said:

For the semi-final last week, there were several dozen tickets that were still available for sale on the gate on the night after 5:30pm.

Well done you’ve just encouraged ticketless fans to turn up in expectation of being let in. That’s not a recipe for trouble. 

19 minutes ago, Declan said:

Well done you’ve just encouraged ticketless fans to turn up in expectation of being let in. That’s not a recipe for trouble. 

No, I have not: In the past, the first FCIOM game against Guernsey was, I think, the first (and so far, only?) game to have sold out prior to gates opening. Pointing out the fact that tickets were available in the past after gates opened is not a reflection on whether tickets will be available for sale in the future. Last Saturday and the coming Saturday are different events, at different times, with different circumstances.

It is obviously very likely that this coming FCIOM game against New Mills will sell out before gates open on Saturday.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 2bees said:

Unfortunately that's life, I know people who have followed their team to all manner of away grounds in Europe and when they get to the semi final or final they have missed out on tickets 

17 hours ago, Declan said:

Part of the issue is that competition rules don't allow them to do a pre-release sale to members or people who been to lots of games. This is to be fair to the opposition who's fans have to have the same opportunity to buy tickets.

Given the relative difference in support (FCIOM av att is 1612 and New Mills is 185) and the issues their fans would have traveling, this desire to be fair has created an unfairness elsewhere.

I guess the work around would have been to assign New Mills 300 tickets to sell via their website (if it has that capability) then do a release to members only. Then put on General Sale.

I've just seen that they have been able to secure extra spaces and these are being offered to members first.

That's an issue in the pro game though, my team have 50,000 fans every other week we get to cup semi finals or finals and play team who struggle to get 10,000 fans yet the split is 50/50 

10 hours ago, Declan said:

I don't think he has tbf. 

The club's social media is usually very good. They had it up when the tickets sold out. Actually think it may have been slightly earlier than indicated too.