Fc Isle of Man….who is paying for it?

Nomadic Raptor

1 hour ago, Twitch said:

I wondered if away fans at The Bowl have had any abusive chants they have aimed at home fans. 

There haven't been that many away fans - we're talking about teams with average home attendances of 150.

I stood behind the Abbey Hutton fans at the last league game. They were in good voice but it was more "you're supposed to be at home", "it's nice to know you're here" etc.

One of the local scallys chucked a coin at them. (Really badly, underarm so it flew like a hoop-la ring). This woman turned round and told him off  for being naughty.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 8:45 AM, 0bserver said:

Great coverage on the wireless.

Yes great coverage of the game.

However on Sunday morning I tuned into Manx Radio hoping to hear some post match reaction on the 11 am news. Thought might get some comments from the manager, that sort of thing but this historic match wasn’t even mentioned. Not even the score.

Bit poor I thought

Edited by The Voice of Reason

20 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes great coverage of the game.

However on Sunday morning I tuned into Manx Radio hoping to hear some post match reaction on the 11 am news. Thought might get some comments from the manager, that sort of thing but this historic match wasn’t even mentioned. Not even the score.

Bit poor I thought

I don't listen to Manx Radio at any other time so it doesn't surprise me. Isn't all their news canned at the weekend? Aliens could land in Strand Street and it wouldn't be reported until Monday morning 

18 hours ago, keith lard said:

The West Didsbury fans were excellent, lots of homework done on the chants. Shame it's only them that had any decent numbers.

New Mills fans were dull. Just 1 mouthy bloke.

West Did's chants were very good, examples:-

You've only got one tesco, one tesco, you've only got one tesco. 

Three legs and you still can't score, three legs and you still can't score 

You're just a shit Isle of Wight, shit Isle of Wight

Stand up if your cats have tails, stand up if your cats have tails

Stand up if you pay your tax, stand up if you pay your tax

and about Bassy "You're just a shit Jimmy Saville, shit Jimmy Saville..." 🤣

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently playing the youngsters in the final. Bold move and some may have been tempted to field a full team when there's a cup at stake.

Can see this being a good little community event. I have a ticket but I've heard of local bars streaming it (as they did with the playoff too to be fair to them).

On 4/14/2022 at 5:00 AM, jackwhite said:

Do you support a team in Scotland by any chance?

He does indeed. One of the knuckle dragging ones but being they are both the same cheeks of the same arse  which one matters not a jot. Although I believe his favourite song is probably Hello Hello. One of their many cheeky little sectarian ditties. The other lot are little better.

• 2 weeks later...