Fc Isle of Man….who is paying for it?

Nomadic Raptor

On 5/21/2022 at 10:07 PM, Declan said:

Yeah it was good. But I did find out during the game that me grandad played for Cammell Lairds in the 1920’s. 

😁such a small world sometimes.

Boys have done well. That was pretty much a reserve team on the pitch (even if they did look to guarantee by loading the bench with some of their best players).

• 1 month later...

As a supporter/member I'm comfortable with a small loss after a first season. Especially with the fixture issues denying home games at the start. Probably a good thing to go up via the playoffs rather than automatically since that lead to two more home games. 

• Like 1

I hope they do well and that the support continues this season. 

It's a shame they've lost that but when you consider travel costs it's probably not a bad figure. Plus I'm sure someone will cover it somehow if they need it. 

The figures given are 'wooly' above but hopefully they've got a firm handle on it. 

18 hours ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

9k loss in first year will only get worse when players demand getting paid

Why will they want paying, they’re amateurs & considering they have to pay for all visiting teams it’s an excellent result 

3 hours ago, Banker said:

Why will they want paying, they’re amateurs & considering they have to pay for all visiting teams it’s an excellent result 

Because they were one of the only teams in the league last season that didn’t pay players, and league they go into players expect it.

They are training 3 times a week I think at the mo at 6 am they are showing commitment so I think they prob deserve 50 quid a game

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 2:02 PM, Passing Time said:

Now if Tours IOM get there act together and arrange for away days...

On 5/13/2022 at 2:02 PM, Passing Time said:

Now if Tours IOM get there act together and arrange for away days...

That’s a good idea. would make for a great day / weekend away to places you wouldn’t normally dream of visiting. But now you would have a purpose.