Fc Isle of Man….who is paying for it?

Nomadic Raptor

On 7/3/2022 at 12:01 PM, Bill1977 said:

Amazing they still made a loss despite the pulling in crowds usually expected for 4 tiers up and having no player wages.

As been pointed out before it’s all the costs they have to pay for visiting clubs plus not sure what costs they have for use of bowl , training facilities etc

On 7/3/2022 at 12:01 PM, Bill1977 said:

Amazing they still made a loss despite the pulling in crowds usually expected for 4 tiers up and having no player wages.

Told on good authority that the gate receipts are split 3 ways. A third each to The League, FCIOM and the team they are playing. Thats why some clubs can't wait to play here, when some clubs are barely getting 50 supporters at their home game. There is an argument to fix the gate numbers, as per Man City do every home game. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Told on good authority that the gate receipts are split 3 ways. A third each to The League, FCIOM and the team they are playing. Thats why some clubs can't wait to play here, when some clubs are barely getting 50 supporters at their home game. There is an argument to fix the gate numbers, as per Man City do every home game. 

I think you'll find that this split applies to semi-final and final cup games, not league games.

The NSCFL rules for cup games are published in section 21 here: https://www.nwcfl.com/league_admin/rules/202223/Cup Rules 2022-23.pdf - but note that Section 22 has a bunch of extra rules for FC IOM games.

The ordinary league rules are published here, but I do not think they require splitting admissions collected at games - you can see if you can find anything here: https://www.nwcfl.com/league_admin/rules/202223/Cup Rules 2022-23.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 10:45 PM, Nomadic Raptor said:

Fc iom playing 2 squads tomorrow rumour a of an u21 squad in the way will there be anyone else left playing Manx football?

Will still be plenty left to play in the leagues outside of these. Yes it's 30/40 players (even with an U21 squad) but there are still lots of others.

The standard of the leagues may not be the same.

Bit of a rude awakening losing to 9 men 1-0.  When they got a man sent off after 4 mins and a second after 20 or so it should have been easier.  Fair play to the opposition for digging in and getting the result.  But when these things happen you have to be able to take the gift given to you

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 8:07 PM, Nomadic Raptor said:

Bit of a rude awakening losing to 9 men 1-0.  When they got a man sent off after 4 mins and a second after 20 or so it should have been easier.  Fair play to the opposition for digging in and getting the result.  But when these things happen you have to be able to take the gift given to you

I think FCIOM will be found out this season. Same group of players from last year making a big step up from a farmers league to an actual football league. 

11 hours ago, 0bserver said:

I think FCIOM will be found out this season. Same group of players from last year making a big step up from a farmers league to an actual football league. 

Most newly promoted teams struggle initially unless they can afford to being in new players with experience at that level.

One of the aims of FC Isle of Man was to allow local footballers the opportunity to play against stronger teams and thereby develop local talent.  If they flew up the leagues and brought in players then that would go against one of their stated aims.

Stop being so negative about this great initiative. 

I've said from the off that I think they'll struggle this season. Can see it being a long one for them. 

I do wonder if there's anyone on island or that would come here that could do better than Bass. I honestly don't like how he plays. Do think there's a very old school element of days gone by. I'd heard that he wouldn't be there this season. With their being a few Corinthians players in there and his background, there was always going to be some disagreement but witnessed some dissent from one of the players at a game I was at towards him. Said player also said to me he wasn't a fan, not in so nice a word, in a private conversation. However there are places all over the island and beyond where people don't like their manager. 

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

Most newly promoted teams struggle initially unless they can afford to being in new players with experience at that level.

One of the aims of FC Isle of Man was to allow local footballers the opportunity to play against stronger teams and thereby develop local talent.  If they flew up the leagues and brought in players then that would go against one of their stated aims.

Stop being so negative about this great initiative. 

It's not being negative. That's just my opinion. Others have differing opinions. 

Good luck to them though.

5 hours ago, jackwhite said:

I've said from the off that I think they'll struggle this season. Can see it being a long one for them. 

I do wonder if there's anyone on island or that would come here that could do better than Bass. I honestly don't like how he plays. Do think there's a very old school element of days gone by. I'd heard that he wouldn't be there this season. With their being a few Corinthians players in there and his background, there was always going to be some disagreement but witnessed some dissent from one of the players at a game I was at towards him. Said player also said to me he wasn't a fan, not in so nice a word, in a private conversation. However there are places all over the island and beyond where people don't like their manager. 

This... Bass is mediocre at local level and will be found out this season if he stays.

They rely heavily on goals from set plays due to their size (several players are well over 6 foot). They play 2 in central midfield and if they come against a side playing a 3 in there, who are strong physically they are going to struggle. 

The manager was the most successful in local football in recent times so deserves the shot at it. His assistant is experienced too and they are the right choice at this time I’d say.

Refreshing the squad will be difficult as they can only feasibly add players from the IoM league unlike team across who can sign up those not getting a game from further up the pyramid or released from pro clubs. It also means we are unlikely to lose players to other clubs unless they are offered a pro contract they won’t move. 

No one is saying manager has to go but that the style needs to change hit and hope and fitness works well lower down leagues but with step up comes better quality so you have to improve.

not beating 9 men when you have had 11 for most of the game is 3 pts lost which were there for the taking.  Fair play to the opposition for getting the job done but they should not have been able to.   Few more performances like that and crowds won’t come to watch as it’s boring and predictable.  Games Iv watched even play offs and final we were always missing someone who could run the game in the middle of the pitch and it seems that problem still exists.  I’m not saying tactics are bad but you now need to kick on and do more not stick to what you did.  

Did anyone watch the friendlies when I would hope they would try things or were they playing same way there?