Fc Isle of Man….who is paying for it?

Nomadic Raptor

8 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

Another loss and under 700 supporters

The attendance is understandable - at all levels of football if a team is losing , supporters either lose interest or don’t go and only come back if there is a top table challenge. We are after all fickle us football fans. The diehards will always get behind the team but there is a limit to how far up the leagues they can go. Whether they have reached that with the current squad I don’t know. But they did not really strengthen the team on promotion but with their local only strategy what could they do? So it’s unfair to criticise then as they are playing in a much better , and semi professional league , than before. But probably fighting relegation rather than at the top of the league and that will be something this squad have not experienced before. 

12 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

I can watch cheaper better football taking in a local team.  You can tell things are bad when they are bringing in old stalwarts like mcnulty and Quaye I thought they were supposed to promoting 

Out of curiosity how many FC IOM games have you watched?  

17 year old lad started against Bury mid week.  Fair play to him, great opportunity.  Something he wouldn't have got "locally".

• Like 1

Jersey averaged 607 last season and are in the equivalent league in pyramid down south. Guernsey are one league up equivalent and averaged 702. I wonder what model they work to financially? They will both have similar financial issues as us I would expect. 

Edited by Bill1977

20 hours ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

I can watch cheaper better football taking in a local team.  You can tell things are bad when they are bringing in old stalwarts like mcnulty and Quaye I thought they were supposed to promoting youth

That surprised me what you said. FC have playing for them the best of local footballers. The teams coming over now are generally better than FC ( not so last season ) so therefore the standard being watched is higher. And FC do promote youth  ( Higgins by 2 , Crook , Camarda all young probably others ).it’s a mixture and old heads can help. And incidentally Sean Quayle is an exceptional football player albeit towards the end of his career. But a great example , and coach , to those young players coming through.

19 hours ago, Only me said:

Out of curiosity how many FC IOM games have you watched?  

17 year old lad started against Bury mid week.  Fair play to him, great opportunity.  Something he wouldn't have got "locally".

And I’ll bet he’s relishing the chance to test himself against semi professional teams. Good for him. I wish him well.

What happened to all the videos of the games? Interest in the team can be developed through that kind of media. It might be only the home matches they show, but you hope that away games would be put online too despite the poor results. 

Has anyone here been to the games this season? Are they still trying to play 2 in central midfield? McVey, Bass and Camarda would be a decent trio. Play just two in there and we won’t be getting much of the ball.

5 minutes ago, Bill1977 said:

What happened to all the videos of the games? Interest in the team can be developed through that kind of media. It might be only the home matches they show, but you hope that away games would be put online too despite the poor results. 

Has anyone here been to the games this season? Are they still trying to play 2 in central midfield? McVey, Bass and Camarda would be a decent trio. Play just two in there and we won’t be getting much of the ball.

That’s all kind of stopped , don’t know why. You pretty much last season got a full match review within 24 hours. Now you get some but most matches you don’t. Apathy maybe?

They're still playing the 2 man midfield and yeah they do get bypassed a lot.  Bass and Camarda are both good players albeit at the opposite ends of their careers but they have their work cut out to get on the ball in that system.

Things just aren't clicking for them at the moment and last night was mostly a case of having too many players having a bad game.  Jacob Crook was good but aside from that too many others had an off night and had little influence on the game.

They'll be alright football-wise though I think.  They're not exactly out of their depth, but they are going to need to rediscover some of the dark arts that they utilised so well in the 2nd half of last season as that's how things are at that level.

The low crowds are a concern, but at the same time I'm quite enjoying the lack of bandwagoning idiots who showed up in the last few weeks of last season.

• Like 1

The match videos help promote the whole project and you have to show the good with the bad, not just post loads when you are getting promoted and winning trophies! The lack of them can diminish the chances of keep everyone’s interest in the team. Not everyone has time to go due to other sporting commitments, but would like to see highlights.

Interesting on the continued lack of change of outlook tactics wise. The current management team have enjoyed success with the physical 442 formula in local football and last season, but the current division and further up the pyramid that style of play just won’t cut it. We are also a bit naive to some of the shi1housing that will go on by some of the experienced players they come across. 

We should have enough to stay up, but some changes of approach would be recommended on and off the pitch. Fingers crossed that can happen.

Regarding match videos, do any of the gaming companies on the island sponsor the team? Couldn't one of them could do the videos? Good promotion for the company, good promotion and exposure for the team. Might even tempt more people to go watch them live. Seems like a win-win to me.

22 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Regarding match videos, do any of the gaming companies on the island sponsor the team? Couldn't one of them could do the videos? Good promotion for the company, good promotion and exposure for the team. Might even tempt more people to go watch them live. Seems like a win-win to me.

Who would want to sponsor it?

This is one of their issues.  Last year it was still new and shiny and they were getting full houses and winning, partly due to COVID and people not being as able to travel to matches.  People were lining up to sponsor then and jump on the bandwagon and they couldn’t turn a profit despite full grounds and sponsorships.

This year nobody cares and they will really struggle to get new sponsors or retain existing ones when they keep getting beaten as the firm simply doesn’t get the exposure in return.

By all accounts they can barely even give away the “VIP hospitality” tickets this year