Fc Isle of Man….who is paying for it?

Nomadic Raptor

3 hours ago, Passing Time said:

wow, what a keen football strategist you are... Glad you're not my manager.

Glad I never had you on my team. In a relegation battle beating those teams below you is I guess stating the bleeding obvious. But it’s true and FC are in a relegation battle. One that I think they will win. I do understand you were trying to be funny but you just came across as a bit of a prick really. Which you probably are.

2 hours ago, Anyone said:

Glad I never had you on my team. In a relegation battle beating those teams below you is I guess stating the bleeding obvious. But it’s true and FC are in a relegation battle. One that I think they will win. I do understand you were trying to be funny but you just came across as a bit of a prick really. Which you probably are.

Any need for the abuse?

On 10/5/2022 at 10:30 PM, Passing Time said:

Any need for the abuse?

No , so I apologise. But tonight they lost to a team in the bottom half. FC are in a relegation battle and I think they will make it but they will get some thumpings from betters teams. They will survive and get better for it . Next season is how to judge them. Stick with the current management team and squad ( and they do promote young players at every opportunity ).  And there is nothing wrong with 4 -4 -2.

1 hour ago, Anyone said:

No , so I apologise. But tonight they lost to a team in the bottom half. FC are in a relegation battle and I think they will make it but they will get some thumpings from betters teams. They will survive and get better for it . Next season is how to judge them. Stick with the current management team and squad ( and they do promote young players at every opportunity ).  And there is nothing wrong with 4 -4 -2.

The current management team took them to promotion. Sadly they are not capable now of progressing the team

Edited by Passing Time

1 minute ago, Passing Time said:

The current management team took them to promotion. Sadly they are not capable now of progressing the team

Then we disagree. I think the current management team are the best available unless you can suggest who exactly would be better. You perhaps?

1 minute ago, Anyone said:

Then we disagree. I think the current management team are the best available unless you can suggest who exactly would be better. You perhaps?

Shows how little you really know. Maybe advertise for somebody to manage the team. If you think they are the best then you’d better steady yourself for disappointment.

2 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Shows how little you really know. Maybe advertise for somebody to manage the team. If you think they are the best then you’d better steady yourself for disappointment.

Not sure what you expect from an unpaid amateur team. I think they are doing pretty well considering. And I played at a much higher level than FC Isle of Man so I know more than you think. I’ll say it again I respect the current management team. They are very knowledgable and know what they are doing. Paul Jones has much experience at professional clubs such as Rangers and Norwich. Chris’s Bass pretty much dominated as a manger local football for a decade or more at St George’s. So do tell who would be better Rick?

28 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Not sure what you expect from an unpaid amateur team. I think they are doing pretty well considering. And I played at a much higher level than FC Isle of Man so I know more than you think. I’ll say it again I respect the current management team. They are very knowledgable and know what they are doing. Paul Jones has much experience at professional clubs such as Rangers and Norwich. Chris’s Bass pretty much dominated as a manger local football for a decade or more at St George’s. So do tell who would be better Rick?

Rick has made himself untouchable which is a shame really. He brought Peel into the modern game. Chris Bass dominated more by luck than skill, as for new management, who knows unless you advertise

21 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Rick has made himself untouchable which is a shame really. He brought Peel into the modern game. Chris Bass dominated more by luck than skill, as for new management, who knows unless you advertise

You missed the nuance , I was suggesting you are Rick 😂

Anyway why not as he does know the game inside out. I disagree with your untouchable comment. He’d do a decent job but in the end he’d have the same squad , so the same end result. So he might not be interested anyway. 

• 4 weeks later...

Realistically this is as far as we will get up the pyramid unless we can lure some do the best ex-pat players back. A run in the Vase, entering the FA Cup and getting a side entered in the FA Youth Cup could keep the interest levels up. Seeing one of our players signed by a team several steps up the pyramid would be a bonus too.

46 minutes ago, Bill1977 said:

Realistically this is as far as we will get up the pyramid unless we can lure some do the best ex-pat players back. A run in the Vase, entering the FA Cup and getting a side entered in the FA Youth Cup could keep the interest levels up. Seeing one of our players signed by a team several steps up the pyramid would be a bonus too.

All of that will take money that FC IOM don't have. They're reportedly losing money hand over fist as it is.