Fc Isle of Man….who is paying for it?

Nomadic Raptor

7 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

You could always go and ask the people responsible for the club?  That would seem the obvious place to start.  Are FC Isle of Man a listed company?  I can't be bothered looking as I am just excited to see the how the team perform and supporting them on their journey.

As I have said before I cannot imagine the club ever reaching the upper reaches of the league but if they can get close then that is a great achievement.  

Yes of course it is.

But if you look at the fans forum(s) on the web of any club they as fans are interested in every aspect of the club. Transfers, injures, history, past players, rivals, the ground and particularly relevant here finances

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes of course it is.

But if you look at the fans forum(s) on the web of any club they as fans are interested in every aspect of the club. Transfers, injures, history, past players, rivals, the ground and particularly relevant here finances

Relevant to who other than you?

On 11/5/2021 at 12:10 PM, manxman1980 said:

As I have said before I cannot imagine the club ever reaching the upper reaches of the league but if they can get close then that is a great achievement.  

I’d be happy if they end up bouncing between the Northern Premier and National League North. Higher would be great but that would require professionals and part of the point of this is to give local players the best standard of football. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

I’m new to all this how as a local do you get in, do they have open trials in the summer or scouts at local games?

Pretty much the same as you do for most teams, stop wasting time on social media and train like your life depended on it.

FC Isle of Man have got a write up on The Athletic today. 

https://theathletic.co.uk/2934084/2021/11/07/isle-of-man-english-football-final-frontier/?amp 

19 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well say, supporters of Newcastle United for example

The Geordies don't give a toss as long as the owners spend a lot of money on players.  I haven't seen one Newcastle fan protest against their new owners and I doubt they will unless the wheels come off and no money is spent on players.

They are all just relieved to be rid of Mike Ashley, who ironically, ran the club in a financially responsible manner which is going to allow the new owners the opportunity to spend money.

On 11/7/2021 at 1:43 PM, manxman1980 said:

The Geordies don't give a toss as long as the owners spend a lot of money on players.  I haven't seen one Newcastle fan protest against their new owners and I doubt they will unless the wheels come off and no money is spent on players.

They are all just relieved to be rid of Mike Ashley, who ironically, ran the club in a financially responsible manner which is going to allow the new owners the opportunity to spend money.

You’ve obviously not visited Newcastle On line, the Newcastle United Fans Forum where you will find much discussion of the clubs finances and the unease of some contributors with the new ownership.

No doubt these issues are also the subject of conversations in the pubs around St James’ Park and the city itself

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You’ve obviously not visited Newcastle On line, the Newcastle United Fans Forum where you will find much discussion of the clubs finances and the unease of some contributors with the new ownership.

No doubt these issues are also the subject of conversations in the pubs around St James’ Park and the city itself

The ones turning up to the games with tea towels on their heads don't seem to care.

Online forums are a dubious place to judge how fans really feel.