Fc Isle of Man….who is paying for it?

Nomadic Raptor

9 hours ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

Was great though took my boys for the first time they absolutely loved it

yeah, I was a season ticket holder at QPR, one club man, still go occasionally etc, but went with 2 of my lads yesterday, who have been before, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The first goal would grace any league match.

I have been taken/gone to watch other teams before, just didn't seem right, didn't celebrate goals and wasn't particularly interested  - I found myself totally involved in the match last night.

One thing though - bloody out of town stadiums! Someone neds to reopen the Quarterbridge!

Gutted I couldn’t go. Manx Radio commentary was surprisingly good though. 

Hope I can go to the final. New Mills were the best away side I saw during the normal season. Difficult to play against and smart at the dark arts. Of they’ve a few better players this time our lads might be a bit naive. 

55 minutes ago, Declan said:

Hope I can go to the final. New Mills were the best away side I saw during the normal season. Difficult to play against and smart at the dark arts. Of they’ve a few better players this time our lads might be a bit naive. 

They'll be bringing a full strength team to now there are no covid restrictions. It won't be an easy game for FCIOM. 

It struck me yesterday that surrounding businesses must be doing quite well like the garage.  I think you right opening quarter ridge if only for Saturdays…..

but with drink comes extra problems and the need for more stewards and policing.  It’s a tough one to balance.

but in a positive kids and me and my old man had a great time, and it was nice to have a father son, son thing to do like we used to England growing up 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

It struck me yesterday that surrounding businesses must be doing quite well like the garage.  I think you right opening quarter ridge if only for Saturdays…..

but with drink comes extra problems and the need for more stewards and policing.  It’s a tough one to balance.

but in a positive kids and me and my old man had a great time, and it was nice to have a father son, son thing to do like we used to England growing up 

McDonalds is busy after the game. Might always have be on a Saturday evening. 

FC Isle of Man has been a massive success story, and all the organisers, stewards, players, sponsors & contributors should be congratulated. 

Clearly, the on-field success is a big contributing factor, the first goal on Saturday by Jack Camarda was a sensational hit, check it out if you've not seen it!

The club has generated a real sense of community spirit, and it's lovely to see so many families there to enjoy the occasion, giving aspirations to the next generation. It's recreating the match day experience of an English league game.

Almost 2,750 people at the Bowl on Saturday, over 3% of the population!!

The average home crowd for the season has been 1,600 which I'd guess is double what the organisers could have anticipated in the initial business plan.

Fingers & Raven Wings crossed for the final, but whatever the outcome, all involved can be proud of their achievements :)

• Like 3