HQ unwell again?

Sentience

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

Nobody cares because he is going. End of public life. I’m sorry but he is no Sir Miles Walker, who had decorum, grace and knew how to behave. I’ve heard some rumours or tall tales about our supposed politicos, including current ones (big names), I’m sure people will know. I think years ago,’the Manx Rumour Mill would have gone into overdrive, today people are resigned to their standards of decency and behaviour. How to dress, present oneself, posture and speech etiquette. After all our idiots do like to think they are world beating world leaders of a first world, leading infrastructure busting jurisdiction. Deluded I Know!

Yes agree with all you say . I also know off another VERY high up leader and the stories disgust me but am not surprised tbh . Power and position for sure corrupt and morals go out the window.

8 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I'd heard a version about 6 weeks ago but seemed a bit far fetched so put it on the back burner. Since then finer details have been confirmed and from the 3 very good sources ( professional and not into tittle tattle ) so now I'm pretty positive the last version is true as far as it can be . As I said I dont care really .  

Also in this febrile atmosphere, on the island, you can do wrong as well as right, or disgrace yourself and there are always people who will support, and where necessary bury the bad news. Like the former convicted Chief Minister, you are soon easily redeemed and welcomed back into the fold.

Just now, Numbnuts said:

Yes agree with all you say . I also know off another VERY high up leader and the stories disgust me but am not surprised tbh . Power and position for sure corrupt and morals go out the window.

I’ve heard one or two tales about our newbies - don’t worry Stu, no flies on him! It’s more about illusions of grandeur, importance and how they come across to other people. 

• Confused 1

OK, I'll just come out and let everyone know the rumour. 

Back in 2016 Howard Quayle purchased a horse tram at auction. Some eyebrows were raised at the time but nobody thought much of it at the time. 

Earlier last month he was seen sat on a bench at Ballasalla train station on the  steam railway wearing an anorak clutching a notepad and pen writing down the numbers of all the steam trains that passed. 

That's the rumour. Howard Quayle is a Train Spotter. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, James Blonde said:

OK, I'll just come out and let everyone know the rumour. 

Back in 2016 Howard Quayle purchased a horse tram at auction. Some eyebrows were raised at the time but nobody thought much of it at the time. 

Earlier last month he was seen sat on a bench at Ballasalla train station on the  steam railway wearing an anorak clutching a notepad and pen writing down the numbers of all the steam trains that passed. 

That's the rumour. Howard Quayle is a Train Spotter. 

That’s why Longworth and Bus Vannin have plenty of funding!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I'd heard a version about 6 weeks ago but seemed a bit far fetched so put it on the back burner. Since then finer details have been confirmed and from the 3 very good sources ( professional and not into tittle tattle ) so now I'm pretty positive the last version is true as far as it can be . As I said I dont care really .  

You might not care.  There are definitely people involved in this tale (if true) who really will.  I have very good reason to believe it to be true and personally I now have a lower opinion of the idiot than I did before.

• Like 1

i heard a rumour a few weeks back that would probably get you suspended or banned from these forums and branded  an 'ic' or 'ist' of some sort for mentioning the topic/subject matter. some folks like to categorize you to justify gagging you.

Edited by WTF
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, WTF said:

i heard a rumour a few weeks back that would probably get you suspended or banned from these forums and branded  an 'ic' or 'ist' of some sort for mentioning the topic/subject matter. some folks like to categorize you to justify gagging you.

That’s the current climate for you. 1970s Comedians are off limit, and certain 1970s and 1980s TV programs too. If they are close to the knuckle a disclaimer is broadcast before the showing, eg Talking Pictures TV. 

Id be more afraid of those who cry wolf and express faux outrage, regarding ‘ics  ‘ists’ and ‘isms’.  They are looking to create trouble and get a name for themselves. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

You might not care.  There are definitely people involved in this tale (if true) who really will.  I have very good reason to believe it to be true and personally I now have a lower opinion of the idiot than I did before.

Of course and I totally agree with you about the people it will affect , family , friends etc. My comment really was about only him as a person who I had zero respect for before and this as only cemented my thoughts. 

8 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Of course and I totally agree with you about the people it will affect , family , friends etc. My comment really was about only him as a person who I had zero respect for before and this as only cemented my thoughts. 

I agree with your comments. I will go as far to say though, some people have serious serious issues and it makes you wonder how they got to where they are in life.

Being in public office should be regarded as a privilege not a right. You serve the people. You don’t get drunk, vomit on buses, or get drunk on licensed premises. You should set an example, especially to all those participants of Junior Tynpotwald. I’m not saying you have to be on duty 24/7, but some of these clowns havent any common sense, they besmirch the elected office. They think that civil servants will cover it up. Sorry, but eventually it all comes out in the wash. Quayle specifically mentioned the Manx Rumour Mill at a news conference with St Ashy, Patron Saint of the Shredder. 

• Like 3