HQ unwell again?

Sentience

Just now, Ramseyboi said:

I very much doubt we will here from Gladys again this evening unless it is to apologise 

No apology from me here, now you hear from me.

You said that infidelity was unforgivable but punching someone in the face was (sort of) understandable. 

It is a funny irony that it is an oft seen scenario that men who resort to violence to protect the honour of their women, often use narcissistic and manipulative behaviour to the very same women. 

• Like 14
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Gladys said:

No apology from me here, now you hear from me.

You said that infidelity was unforgivable but punching someone in the face was (sort of) understandable. 

It is a funny irony that it is an oft seen scenario that men who resort to violence to protect the honour of their women, often use narcissistic and manipulative behaviour to the very same women. 

Oh grow up.

I was explaining  that in my mind someone going off with someone else when married was less defensible than someone else standing up to defend their partner.

Neither are ideal, but getting your end away with someone else while married is disgusting behaviour.

if you disagree and think that infidelity is better than defending a loved one then I don’t know what to say.

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

Oh grow up.

I was explaining  that in my mind someone going off with someone else when married was less defensible than someone else standing up to defend their partner.

Neither are ideal, but getting your end away with someone else while married is disgusting behaviour.

if you disagree and think that infidelity is better than defending a loved one then I don’t know what to say.

I didn't say that, but I did say that I would rather infidelity than an abusive relationship.

I also have said that relationships are complex and who knows exactly what may be going on in reality.

In no way do I think infidelity is acceptable, it isn't.  But neither is thinking punching someone in the face is acceptable.  Frankly, someone who thinks that it is is going to be predisposed to meting out physical justice. 

When you feel that you have to punch someone in the face, is it because your good lady was upset and offended, or because someone entered "your" territory and needed to be seen off?  So, whose honour was it, yours or hers? 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I didn't say that, but I did say that I would rather infidelity than an abusive relationship.

I also have said that relationships are complex and who knows exactly what may be going on in reality.

In no way do I think infidelity is acceptable, it isn't.  But neither is thinking punching someone in the face is acceptable.  Frankly, someone who thinks that it is is going to be predisposed to meting out physical justice. 

When you feel that you have to punch someone in the face, is it because your good lady was upset and offended, or because someone entered "your" territory and needed to be seen off?  So, whose honour was it, yours or hers? 

Who said I thought punching someone was acceptable?

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I just went back three pages and i said I “could (sort of) understand) someone punching someone in the face.

Yoi are assuming and projecting all sorts here.

5 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

I just went back three pages and i said I “could (sort of) understand) someone punching someone in the face.

Yoi are assuming and projecting all sorts here.

No,  just quoting you more accurately than you quoted yourself.

• Like 5

I have never spoken with HQ. I don't know him. I met his wife once.

I don't think he was a good Health Minister nor initially a good Chief Minister. He seemed to get better only  towards the end, but he was far too quick in Tynwald to get personal and show his irritation with certain people. 

No-one knows what really goes on behind anyone else's closed doors, or more importantly why. His marriage, personal relationships and health though are his own matters I think and best left at that.

To each his (or her) own. Affairs are usually make or break times. Good luck to them both.

Usual cliché - behind every good man is a woman. Behind every failure there's two. 

Edited by Apple
Took out reference to Mrs Q not relevant
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Apple said:

I have never spoken with HQ. I don't know him. I met his wife once.

I don't think he was a good Health Minister nor initially a good Chief Minister. He seemed to get better only  towards the end, but he was far too quick in Tynwald to get personal and show his irritation with certain people. 

No-one knows what really goes on behind anyone else's closed doors, or more importantly why. His marriage, personal relationships and health though are his own matters I think and best left at that.

To each his (or her) own. Affairs are usually make or break times. Good luck to them both.

Usual cliché - behind every good man is a woman. Behind every failure there's two. 

I agree and have every sentiment with your comment. However, I would add that the post of Chief Minister, like Mr Squeaker and El Presidente are prestige and top roles. These roles involve public scrutiny and being on show, therefore some criticism is bound to be given. Like I said before, anyone in the role should have the utmost respect for the office, and treat it with the reverence accordingly. I for one wouldn’t want my memory of being in the top role tarnished by own antics, and peccadillos. When you leave office, would you want the sniggering and comments, now matter how innocuous. That’s my own opinion or viewpoint. Others may have the hide of a rhinoceros and are quite prepared to tough it out. Each to their own.