HQ unwell again?

Sentience

12 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I thought the Gov did it some time ago. 

I thought he and Ashy were off to Buck House on a government fuelled orgy of taxpayer funded expenses, to be presented their gongs by Prince William, whereby the two of them will bore the Prince with their Motorcycle and TT knowledge. 

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

I bet the new Leftenant Guvenor has a good idea, and has probably had a good laugh and thought WTF have I done coming here - though the salary and free living expenses do cushion the downside.

Hopefully he'll be so disgusted that he'll decide to fuck off and rid the Manx taxpayer of the hugely expensive affront to their democracy that he is. 

• Like 1

In relation to relationships - there's a letter written by Edward V111 in 1919 going up for auction shortly. It's to his lover Freda Dudley Ward, who was at the time married to William Dudley Ward, the Liberal MP. This was more than a decade before he met American divorcee Wallis Simpson. The affair continued until 1934, ending only when Edward became involved with Mrs Simpson.

Quote: “I do love you, love you, my very own blessed little Fredie darling & I find life very hard & dour without you … it’s hell when we are parted sweetheart & when I can’t hear you say all your divine things which is what keeps me alive.”

Some people just don't seem to be capable of finding a partner of their own. Just be careful who you choose as a role model.

(Royals have always been able to have their cake and eat it.)