Hartford to build 350 houses on greenfield

Noseyparker2090

36 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

The sooner you leave the better you obviously are not enjoying our Island and life is too short to stay in a place you don’t appreciate.   Peel will no doubt survive your moving away.

And there it is.

The Boat in the Morning attitude.

Quicker than I thought someone would use it but there you go.

This BITM mentality and the Crabby attitude is why the island has slid into the pile of crap it is in now.

• Like 1

I never mentioned the boat in the morning..although you were angling for it with your distasteful  remarks about our beautiful Island.  I just hate seeing someone being so unhappy with life when it is in their own hands to change it.  You aren’t a Watford supporter by any chance………that would explain your misery .🤪

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

The sooner you leave the better you obviously are not enjoying our Island and life is too short to stay in a place you don’t appreciate.   Peel will no doubt survive your moving away.

Peels alright for a run out and an ice cream. Tea and cake is much nice at St Johns. Peel is fine and has its own independent needs - coop, spar and shopshite. Has a few pubs and takeaways, chinese and Indian restaurants. The trouble is caused when the politicos and civil servants all start sticking their oar in - under the guise of improvement and regeneration for regeneration sake. They just end up upsetting people. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I am off out to a dinner party, cant be arsed tonight with replying to this.

See you all in the morning, have fun, in Peel.....................

Peel is a brilliant night out - if you have the right attitude, a  smile on your face and decent company.

Maybe some people are going wrong on one or more of those points?

Edited by Ramseyboi
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

P

Its not a "Lovely Town"

Lots of low life in the pubs on an evening and can you imagine going shopping there as a treat? - I cant, what can you imagine shopping there for a nice day out? ?  For what? Crisps? Maybe Crab baps but that hardly makes a town decent.

Have you ever been to somewhere like Penzance? North Berwick or Ripon?

Peel is like most of the islands towns, its fallen well below the worst shitholes in Northern England. See Blackburn, Oldham, Stoke etc etc because of lack of investment due to crabby attitudes.

Yes, I do have a downer on the island, I really find it distasteful to live here anymore and I say that sadly because it was once a place with the chance to modernise and make itself a decent place to live, it failed and I really don't see a way back.

It missed that chance by just spending a fortune on building up an unsustainable civil service and has politicians, that because of their independent nature, wont make controversial policy changes for fear of not being re elected. This has been made 10 times worse by the advent of social media too.

We survive because of the VAT agreement which seems still to be massively in our favour.

We cant raise taxes to pay for stuff and we are now borrowed up to the hilt with the MU (MEA) Half a billion and the recent 400 million "green" loan that was mostly spent on non green stuff before it was called that.

I have stated this a while ago but I am only here because I make good money*, as soon as I have got enough I  am off along with my family.

*Nobles hospital being the tipping point and main decider in that decision late in life.

Nobles is not fit for purpose but that's a whole other thread. 🙂

Snob.

• Like 2