Douglas Kerbside Recycling and Waste Collection Survey

Amadeus

13 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

But green waste is only being collected in the summer months. Are we going to have weekly general collections back in the winter to make this true? 

just how much green waste is there in winter when fuck all is growing ?

• Like 1

I think you would be hard pushed to find any records for the flue scrubbers as they have not been in use for many a year. Hence the stopping of testing air quality around Douglas as readings are off the charts and are probley in breach of air quality regs. I take it we are talking about power from waste(not in my lifetime) incinerator. If not my apology's. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Should you put your re-cycling boxes out even if you only have a few bottles/newspapers in them??? Seems like a waste of the collectors time? You could save your bottles/papers up for 2 3 4 weeks to make it more worthwhile for the collection???

I wait until both my boxes are a struggle to lift (not really but heavy enough). This can take a month or so. Flattening cans under one's heel makes room for over 100 in the container. My MiL in NI has 4 bins and is required to put them out regardless of how much is in them. 

• Like 1

Of course it would take quite a few of us save our re-cycling for a few weeks to make any difference time/speed of the collection and would we want a collector to lose their job because of our logic#???

I saw a bottle box today with about 5 plastic bottles in it! Is that abusing the service?

It's an abuse of sensibility.

(I mentioned before about my MiL in Lisburn having 4 bins. Apparently the have to be left out even if virtually empty because they're fitted with RIFD chips which are then scanned and weighed by the wagon as they're emptied).

Edited by quilp
Snippet...

10 hours ago, Kopek said:

Of course it would take quite a few of us save our re-cycling for a few weeks to make any difference time/speed of the collection and would we want a collector to lose their job because of our logic#???

I saw a bottle box today with about 5 plastic bottles in it! Is that abusing the service?

Wonder if you live near me..That could have been mine 😀

16 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I think you would be hard pushed to find any records for the flue scrubbers as they have not been in use for many a year. Hence the stopping of testing air quality around Douglas as readings are off the charts and are probley in breach of air quality regs. I take it we are talking about power from waste(not in my lifetime) incinerator. If not my apology's. 

I remember when it was built, I had a right to do with Walter Gilby about the pollution wafting over Douglas from the proposed incinerator.

If I remember correctly there was to be no visible plume and the incinerator would not be visible from the road!

Of course, I might not have remembered correctly.

34 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

I remember when it was built, I had a right to do with Walter Gilby about the pollution wafting over Douglas from the proposed incinerator.

If I remember correctly there was to be no visible plume and the incinerator would not be visible from the road!

Of course, I might not have remembered correctly.

You misremembered - Government do it all the time...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kopek said:

Well, you should get your Mum to refill your  milk bottles cheeky chops!!! 😃

Ha ha .. I don't drink fizzy drinks anyway and have tap water. So except for the odd bottle /beer can we dont have much to go into that box..