Douglas Kerbside Recycling and Waste Collection Survey

Amadeus

• 1 month later...

I was talking to someone very involved in this from a government side rather than commissioners side recently.

They were very clear that the green waste collection is nothing more than an attempt by DBC to keep gate charges at the EFW plant down and that it offers no environmental benefit when you factor in the extra trip to do the collections.

Hopefully they have seen sense and binned it off (pun intended)

47 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Hopefully they have seen sense and binned it off (pun intended)

We can only dream. We struggle to fit a week's worth in the sodding bin never mind 2 weeks worth. That's with recycling of glass bottles, cans and plastic included. Goodness knows how we will manage 2 weeks. 

Maybe buy a second wheelie bin off ebay. 

55 minutes ago, Kopek said:

You're not charged for your bins content, if a neighbour can use your bin for their surplus, what's the problem???

Would you prefer they dumped their surplus in the street/back lane???

The problem is quite simple. If , as has happened before someone has filled my bin theres going to be a issue with where I put my rubbish. Especially now its gone fortnightly . 

9 hours ago, Kopek said:

You're not charged for your bins content, if a neighbour can use your bin for their surplus, what's the problem???

Would you prefer they dumped their surplus in the street/back lane???

I think the point was if somebody sticks the wrong rubbish in your bin as theirs is full what happens. Which is they will refuse to take your bin away and you will be left to dispose of your neighbours rubbish. 

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

It started Monday 3 October

231CB5E2-D9B4-4CE6-B6F1-4BF1A656DD4C.jpeg

BC4D3EE7-8ACB-4BC9-B46B-7A0C81986427.jpeg

Because my bin needs to be moved to the bottom of an unadopted lane, I contacted the council and was told it started on the 26th but they couldn't tell me the rota, I'd just have to leave my bin outside someone else's house and wait for it to be emptied. Then I'd know the rotation. Fat chance of me remembering week on week. My bin was emptied on the 26th, so I thought that was the first of the new regime. It now seems that my full bin won't be collected next week and I'll have to wait until the following week! 

I then pointed out that I'm disabled and don't want to be trapsing up and down an uneven lane in the hope it had been emptied. Was told that they'd send an application for a red bin lid, still waiting a fortnight later!