Douglas Kerbside Recycling and Waste Collection Survey

Amadeus

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

According to the comments, Douglas terminated the contract as it is too busy.

Be interesting to know who is paying, as elsewhere Recycle Collect operate as a fee charging service to households.  Nothing wrong with that, or if it is paid for by Braddan, just would be good to know. 

Included with rates as they were previously paying DBC to do it

Someone from RC phoned me earlier saying there are posts online somewhere stating I’m slagging them off and talking bad about the company behind their back. I haven’t seen any but if you come across any, please let me know as that will be added to the police report. Thanks. 

32 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Someone from RC phoned me earlier saying there are posts online somewhere stating I’m slagging them off and talking bad about the company behind their back. I haven’t seen any but if you come across any, please let me know as that will be added to the police report. Thanks. 

There are some from Cllr Frank Hitler about the amalgamation of the the local authorities. Do you want them too? 

14 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

There are some from Cllr Frank Hitler about the amalgamation of the the local authorities. Do you want them too? 

Really now? Where? Screenshots? 

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Seen it. Some people have serious issues and Iomtoday needs to step up their moderating game or get a good lawyer. Fun time’s over. 

Its shit being proved wrong - nothing to see here other organisations are getting their “literal” shit together.

Grow up - if you want to be a politician be a grown up first.

Call the cops “I’m a Councillor” 

Could I opt out of DCorp refuse collection, sign up with Recycle Collect for a six week collection and save money on the |DLas rate inclusive charge? Any idea Frank? What's the Dlas charge per week compared to the rates charge?

PS. six weeks would be fine for my requirements!!!! Not many nappies till my Thai Bride arrives!!!😃

PPS. when I do a mass oil change on my taxies, I just pour it down the grid!!!🤐

Edited by Kopek

49 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Its shit being proved wrong - nothing to see here other organisations are getting their “literal” shit together.

Grow up - if you want to be a politician be a grown up first.

Call the cops “I’m a Councillor” 

Explain why the fuck I should tolerate shit like this? Go on. 

42C6BA4F-4290-49A0-8C13-7ACDCAD7641D.jpeg

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

.......because you're a politician?

It's part of the territory?

No, it's not.  It is unpleasant, unnecessary and does not add to any debate about anything.

It is, however, extremely affecting if you are on the receiving end.

Just because you are a politician does not mean you have to suck up continued personal attacks.  Challenging their policies is fine, but not this.

Apart from that,  has DBC ever said its goal is to absorb Onchan and Braddan?

• Like 3

In Onchan we get our bins collected very week, we have various recycling points which seem to be well used and emptied often.   If Onchan decided to follow Braddan and get a private company to collect recycling it would probably increase the rates and last time they tried recycling pick up  it didn’t really work as so many properties are occupied by one person there was not enough content to put the containers out every two weeks.    If people choose to get their recycling collected and pay a private company good luck to them it is not a big deal to use the recycling points.     The huge wagons that used to trundle around collecting the few containers where I live probably harmed the atmosphere more than the stuff they were collecting.    I have a trip to the recycling point about every six weeks.

It may be unpleasant but that is current social media? If one enters politics then that is the realllity one has to face? Unpleasant or not.

The general public are probably unaware of these social media attacks, it is only us users of such that see these   responses, I think that Frank S is being reactive to such for the social media response that he probably does'nt need to respond to?

It has long been known that DLas would like to take over Braddan because of the development of commercial property in Braddan on the outskirts of Douglas, Coolil Rd etc!!! There may be a case there, given that this area is basically Douglas with its responsibility to these business areas on the outskirts of Douglas???

They may not have publicly stated such aims but.........................

I don't have the opportunity to vote for Frank but if I did, I probably would! Take note Devon???

41 minutes ago, Kopek said:

.......because you're a politician?

It's part of the territory?

No it’s not. I made it clear numerous times in the past that there is a line. That line is a legal one. This crosses it.