Douglas Kerbside Recycling and Waste Collection Survey

Amadeus

7 hours ago, Gladys said:

No, it's not.  It is unpleasant, unnecessary and does not add to any debate about anything.

It is, however, extremely affecting if you are on the receiving end.

Just because you are a politician does not mean you have to suck up continued personal attacks.  Challenging their policies is fine, but not this.

C34C20A9-DBE8-470B-9866-825751ADE89D.jpeg

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News

7 hours ago, Gladys said:

Social media or not, play the ball not the man. 

This has being going on for months that I have seen.  No idea where else it may be playing out, but it is not something to suck up just because you are a Councillor, unpaid.

I get your angle - however if a Councillor shouts about Government failing on social media Roundels etc, even this morning he’s on about Airport trolleys, then sulks when his own organisation is criticised surely this should be made aware to others.

With Rob it’s very similar wants to look good but doesn’t like it when it’s brought to his attention- hence the reminder of his posturing with a minor TV person as two TT competitors died   - even this week on FB mocking a colleague for banal questions when his own have been terrible.

Relating actual posts by these individuals should be fine if it highlights their behaviour and lack of awareness.

Both Frank and Rob at times see criticism of their actions as a personal attack- they need to understand the difference.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That’s awful. I’m sorry you have to put up with stuff like that @Amadeus

I have reminders set on my calendar, I don’t have recycling bins anymore so I have to use a cement bucket with a brick in to weigh it down. On the whole it seems to work really well when there’s no snow :) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

I get your angle - however if a Councillor shouts about Government failing on social media Roundels etc, even this morning he’s on about Airport trolleys, then sulks when his own organisation is criticised surely this should be made aware to others.

I think there’s a difference between criticising an organisation and criticising an individual. Although I think Frank comes close with some of his comments about the airport, at least he is criticising a specific thing and proposing a solution. I’m not sure what jokes about Cllr Hitler add to the party.

I also don’t think we want to go down the route where the only people who are politicians are those with really thick skins. Generally those people aren’t any good at listening to other people and changing course when needed.

• Like 2

I don’t think the Cllr Frank Hitler thing is funny, nor the Albert Tatlock persona. I suspect we all know who that is. It’s childish and some readers will be taken in.

However, there is a certain irony to the Hitler posts in that Frank has recently, lightheartedly proposed an invasion and takeover of Onchan to enlarge the Villa  to stadium size.

Frank’s reaction does seem to highlight the old saw about the Germans lack of a sense of humour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Kopek said:

It may be unpleasant but that is current social media? If one enters politics then that is the realllity one has to face? Unpleasant or not.

The general public are probably unaware of these social media attacks, it is only us users of such that see these   responses, I think that Frank S is being reactive to such for the social media response that he probably does'nt need to respond to?

The irony is there as you say. It only has an effect on Callister as he seems to spend 90% of his time on social media which is why Cue Ball blew up - nobody else really cared just him who started an irrational witch-hunt. I’d suggest that it’s the same with Amadeus. Almost everyone else goes about their business reading here or IOM Newspapers or Facebook and it has absolutely no impact or meaning to them. But when you have an ego you’re scouring everything looking for things that aren’t there. A friend used to work fairly high up in IOMG. As many of the managers had nothing else to do they used to spend hours a week following critical anonymous comments made online about their department and then would have meetings about who they thought it was doing it. It apparently was real witch-hunt type stuff - who could this be, why do they know that, we need to get them and make them stop. So then some people in the same department started posting critical stuff online anonymously and apparently it all mushroomed to the point that they were being asked who they thought was making all these negative comments online by the paranoid managers when they were making most of them themselves just to wind their managers up who were then burning hours and hours a week trying to find out who these people were in some paranoid witch-hunt instead of actually doing their job. Bored minds and egos - they’re generally a spiral that someone else is likely laughing about. Generally nobody outside of government has  the time to be that obsessed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

It doesn’t help that yet again, IOM Newspapers and other lazy journalists miss report what’s happened to deliberate incite hate. They are scum - case in point the Braddan Recycling announcement - I’ve noticed that they’ve now changed the article and the journalist Emma, is trying to say “ oh it wasn’t me gov, I reported differently, inferring that her editor changed it to suit his political opinion! Don’t know which is worse, government and LAs spinning crap or virtually all our so called unaccountable journalists. 

Edited by Guest

On 4/5/2023 at 11:31 PM, Amadeus said:

Explain why the fuck I should tolerate shit like this? Go on. 

42C6BA4F-4290-49A0-8C13-7ACDCAD7641D.jpeg

On 4/6/2023 at 12:19 AM, Amadeus said:

No it’s not. I made it clear numerous times in the past that there is a line. That line is a legal one. This crosses it. 

You'll struggle with this particular one, I reckon. It's fully on the right side of parody. If you were more important, and it was a bit more amusing in execution, it's the sort of thing that could well be in Private Eye.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, reptar said:

You'll struggle with this particular one, I reckon. It's fully on the right side of parody. If you were more important, and it was a bit more amusing in execution, it's the sort of thing that could well be in Private Eye.

One might argue it’s hate speech. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

But is it “tantamount to bullying”? (© BriT)

How on earth do you even get to that conclusion of course it isn’t. As Reptar said it’s the sort of thing you read in Private Eye every month and have a titter about (if you have a sense of humour).  It seems that everyone on this forum has totally lost their sense of humour though so I shall desist from make jokes in future. Thanks 😂

Edited by BriT
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BriT said:

How on earth do you even get to that conclusion of course it isn’t. As Reptar said it’s the sort of thing you read in Private Eye every month and have a titter about (if you have a sense of humour).  It seems that everyone on this forum has totally lost their sense of humour though so I shall desist from make jokes in future. Thanks 😂

You are a bullying troll who has not been missed during your holidays which hopefully will restart soon 😀

• Haha 1