Douglas Kerbside Recycling and Waste Collection Survey

Amadeus

3 minutes ago, BriT said:

How on earth do you even get to that conclusion of course it isn’t. As Reptar said it’s the sort of thing you read in Private Eye every month and have a titter about (if you have a sense of humour).  It seems that everyone on this forum has totally lost their sense of humour though so I shall desist from make jokes in future. Thanks 😂

I didn’t reach a conclusion: I asked a question.

I have a sense of humour, but you didn’t actually make a joke.

I just compared your comment on the Callister thread with your view on this thread.   Double standards?   Just askin’…🤣

4 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I didn’t reach a conclusion: I asked a question.

I have a sense of humour, but you didn’t actually make a joke.

I just compared your comment on the Callister thread with your view on this thread.   Double standards?   Just askin’…🤣

It’s not worth engaging with trolls on this forum but for what it’s worth I offered an opinion. Some of the stuff about Callister made on here is clearly grossly offensive. I don’t think that comment above is offensive at all and neither do other posters clearly. If some people had a sense of humour maybe they’d see that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

You are a bullying troll who has not been missed during your holidays 😀

In what way have I bulled anyone at all? Please do highlight specifics? You sound quite an obnoxious troll yourself to be fair so I’m not sure I’d trust your judgement on anything looking at your posting record. 

Edited by BriT

6 minutes ago, BriT said:

In what way have I bulled anyone at all? Please do highlight specifics? You sound quite an obnoxious troll yourself to be fair so I’m not sure I’d trust your judgement on anything looking at your posting record. 

Since you’ve been on this forum you & some of your mates have done nothing but be abusive to certain DBC councilors as well as others, as I say hopefully you’re holidays from here will restart 

17 minutes ago, Banker said:

Since you’ve been on this forum you & some of your mates have done nothing but be abusive to certain DBC councilors as well as others, as I say hopefully you’re holidays from here will restart 

Really?  I can’t see any of those posts that I haven’t made though. Can you please link to all this bullying please? You don’t seem to have any substance to much of the stuff you say on here to be honest. So please feel free to post any links. 

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2023 at 10:32 AM, reptar said:

You'll struggle with this particular one, I reckon. It's fully on the right side of parody. If you were more important, and it was a bit more amusing in execution, it's the sort of thing that could well be in Private Eye.

Is it really parody?

It's not in the style of Amadeus's posts, not even a comic exaggeration of his style. The "joke" is Amadeus is German and Hitler was German.

The only way that could be a parody is if the poster was parodying someone so deranged that they'd create an account called Frank Hitler to score a point over a German born commissioner because they're unhappy about how often their bins are collected.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's a cumulative thing though, isn't it? 

As for the comparison with Private Eye, at least that publisher is identified and you can register your displeasure at what has been published, or take legal action if you so want.  

What is happening here is anonymous accounts are publishing this stuff, it could be one person or multiple people.  Given how small the island is, it must be unsettling to be the target of what must seem to be a campaign.  Remember bullying isn't all about the intent of the bully, but also how the hapless recipient experiences it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Declan said:

Is it really parody?

It’s all in the eye of the beholder at the end of the day which is all where it generally always goes horribly wrong. Mostly people aren’t bothered I’d say and 10% of readers might have an issue but often in politics the subject of it all will go totally irrationally berserk - the more non self aware or arrogant a person is the more likely they are to go totally berserk. I know from experience. As politics tends to attract egotistical image conscious people something that simply takes the piss and most others read as parody or humour often does get blown out of all proportion with comic effect. 

• Like 1

DBC - Deutschland Borough Council. Hitler is a bit low but I'm not sure how this particular individual can take offence when they obviously have low morals being happy to make money from the misery caused from the gambling industry especially in places like Nigeria. Gambling in West Africa is rife, destroying lives, encouraging people that don't have money to chase money through the unregulated advertising of lotteries, they do not have the same regulations as the EU/UK these lottery operators are parasites but it's nice to see that some people in Douglas have no issues with who they elect even if that person makes their money from causing misery in some of the poorest countries in the world. If you don't mind making your living from gambling and all the problems that it brings then I would hardly whinge about the Hitler comment. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Anderson said:

DBC - Deutschland Borough Council. Hitler is a bit low but I'm not sure how this particular individual can take offence when they obviously have low morals being happy to make money from the misery caused from the gambling industry especially in places like Nigeria. Gambling in West Africa is rife, destroying lives, encouraging people that don't have money to chase money through the unregulated advertising of lotteries, they do not have the same regulations as the EU/UK these lottery operators are parasites but it's nice to see that some people in Douglas have no issues with who they elect even if that person makes their money from causing misery in some of the poorest countries in the world. If you don't mind making your living from gambling and all the problems that it brings then I would hardly whinge about the Hitler comment. 

Strange another new poster who’s only interested in personal attacks on DBC officials 😂

• Like 2