Douglas Kerbside Recycling and Waste Collection Survey

Amadeus

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

But this was publicised, over various media.  Short of knocking on every door, what more could be done?

Was it? I hate junk mail, but sending a notice through every letter box about the change would have been acceptable, 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Threads on here rarely relate to the original topic and are forgettable. Clare Wells and the odd german sent out a junk mail christmas card to households that did not elect them, but no information about changing bin collections was sent through with an exact date of change. Not everyone obsesses about consultations, nor follows dull germans on social media but would expect to be told when the refuse collection service is about to completely change, is that too hard to follow?

Yes, it’s hard to follow because it’s at totally at variance to the truth! Plenty of warning was given.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Yes, it’s hard to follow because it’s at totally at variance to the truth! Plenty of warning was given.

So they sent out information to ratepayers / households?

Because we certainly got nothing and on our road all the bins were out for collection the first day they did not come, and then the following week they did not come on the right day so total confusion and asking neighbours no one knew about the change just they heard it might change sometime or that they had friends who had moved to bi-weekly, that is not a definition of plenty of warning more like a complete shambles of communication.

As for 'total variance from the truth', getting called a liar from a lawyer up for perjury, that's a cracker...

Edited by HiVibes
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

So they sent out information to ratepayers / households?

Because we certainly got nothing and on our road all the bins were out for collection the first day they did not come, and then the following week they did not come on the right day so total confusion and asking neighbours no one knew about the change just they heard it might change sometime or that they had friends who had moved to bi-weekly, that is not a definition of plenty of warning more like a complete shambles of communication.

As for 'total variance from the truth', getting called a liar from a lawyer up for perjury, that's a cracker...

So, for the first couple of collections there were issues, for whatever reason (lack of info or awareness), but you are now in the rhythm? 

1 hour ago, HiVibes said:

Clare Wells and the odd german sent out a junk mail christmas card to households that did not elect them, but no information about changing bin collections was sent through with an exact date of change. Not everyone obsesses about consultations, nor follows dull germans on social media but would expect to be told when the refuse collection service is about to completely change, is that too hard to follow?

Your rhetoric has definitely changed.   Has your account been hijacked by someone with a different tone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Probably the first thing you should do.

How else would you get a chance to reform or change the system?

Systems change due to external factors, politics is playing catch-up with where society has already moved.  The best way to change politics is change society. People who see politics as a route to 'power' or influence are the wrong people and they have it wrong from the start.

2 hours ago, HiVibes said:

Systems change due to external factors, politics is playing catch-up with where society has already moved.  The best way to change politics is change society. People who see politics as a route to 'power' or influence are the wrong people and they have it wrong from the start.

It seems one conspiracy crackpot after another on here , Steddie Eddie, offshore manc, Brit, & several other related posters 😂

31 minutes ago, Banker said:

Brit, & several other related posters 😂

As per your angry and idiotic post the other day. Please do post links to all these ‘crackpot conspiracy’ posts I’ve apparently made. Are the same as the other ones you mentioned that don’t exist? Or only seem to exist in your mind? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, John Wright said:

Warning wasn’t given, though, which is why the first month was an absolute shitshow.

They did a “consultation” with minimal publicity- similar to how the DOI are “consulting” on airport parking fees- and then announced they were doing it anyway. That was May/June. The changes happened in October, with no warning other than a couple of Facebook posts.

On my street half of the street is on one week and the other half is on the second week. This was announced as “my street after x street”. Of course they didn’t bother to say which end they were measuring from. I’m still not entirely convinced *they* know.

Of course things aren’t a great deal better now. They “forgot” our green bins last week, and said they’d come back the next day. My green bin is still full. Let’s see if they remember next week.

Edited by Ringy Rose

6 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Warning wasn’t given, though, which is why the first month was an absolute shitshow.   They did a “consultation” with minimal publicity- similar to how the DOI are “consulting” on airport parking fees- and then announced they were doing it anyway. That was May/June. The changes happened in October, with no warning other than a couple of Facebook posts.

As far as I recall:

Consultation was in October 2021 (see first post in this thread);

Announcement of a commencement date was given in a leaflet supplied by post, in with the DBC rates demand, in April 2022;

Commencement was in October 2022, one year after the consultation and six months after the leaflet was posted to all rate-payers.

I think that’s correct - but if any of this is inaccurate, please feel free to give me the correct timeframe, I wouldn’t want to post anything that wasn’t true.

3 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Announcement of a commencement date was given in a leaflet supplied by post, in with the DBC rates demand, in April 2022;

Commencement was in October 2022, one year after the consultation and six months after the leaflet was posted to all rate-payers.

That sounds about right, except for the leaflet. I never received one, nor did anyone else I know. If anyone can prove this leaflet ever existed I’m all ears, as it seems as mythical as Claire Wells’ email hacker.

I did know there was talk of it but it all went quiet until bam, in October they launched their new enhanced service to the surprise of all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

That sounds about right, except for the leaflet. I never received one, nor did anyone else I know. If anyone can prove this leaflet ever existed I’m all ears, as it seems as mythical as Claire Wells’ email hacker.

I did know there was talk of it but it all went quiet until bam, in October they launched their new enhanced service to the surprise of all.

It was with my rates bill. Also it was announced on DBC FB pages and on MR and in the Courier in September last year.

The truth, sadly, is that even if they had spent thousands of £,  sending out letters in early September, or late August, most people wouldn’t have read. And others would have moaned about the environmental cost and questioned why DBC weren’t using electronic communication.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1