Douglas Kerbside Recycling and Waste Collection Survey

Amadeus

16 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

How much did the glossy piece of shite cost per household, Did it mention the date when we can dump her unelected arse.👍

As she’s totally unelected it’s highly likely that people will now stand in her ward just to ensure that she doesn’t get back in next time round. There are loads of people who have had enough of the lot of them. 

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

it’s highly likely that people will now stand in her ward just to ensure that she doesn’t get back in next time round

You would hope so - otherwise all the shouting and red-faced outrage will have been a load of sound and fury, signifying nothing.   I can’t wait to see how many of the democracy warriors on here will stand next time - I’m getting popcorn in!  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

You would hope so - otherwise all the shouting and red-faced outrage will have been a load of sound and fury, signifying nothing.   I can’t wait to see how many of the democracy warriors on here will stand next time - I’m getting popcorn in!  🙂

My guess is 0 to 1. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

It’s quite odd for someone to object quite so much about posters who make negative comments about DBC on here. It’s like how very dare people express a negative view even when it’s clear a lot of ratepayers aren’t happy about a variety of matters concerning DBC. Are you also going to suggest that anyone who expresses a bad opinion about Rob C must stand in Onchan at the next election otherwise they can’t criticize anything he does?

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s quite odd for someone to object quite so much about posters who make negative comments about DBC on here.

I’m not objecting…say what you want.   Everyone’s entitled to their opinion.

I’m just speculating whether anyone will feel strongly enough about it, out in the real world, to actually stand against her.

Edited by Jarndyce
Further exposition

31 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I’m not objecting…say what you want.   Everyone’s entitled to their opinion.

I’m just speculating whether anyone will feel strongly enough about it, out in the real world, to actually stand against her.

No you are quite strongly objecting and quite evidently it is difficult to express an opinion here. We all live in the real world and I find it hard to regard anything said here as not being part of the real world. Many people aren’t happy and I think DBC trying to write off negative social media comments as not representative of what people actually think is disingenuous. I also think that some people annoyed by all this will stand as unopposed seats in Douglas are becoming a joke. If I was in Wells’ Ward I would stand as I don’t think she deserves to get back in at all. I’m sure others feel the same but to suggest people can’t complain if they aren’t prepared to stand is nonsense and if that was the case nobody would be able to comment about anything related to politics on this forum at all. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

You do not have to live in constituency to vote for a MHK perhaps you do not have to live in a Ward to stand for City Council I do not know …Offshore you may be able to carry out your threat….

Is that right, or do you mean stand as an MHK?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

quite evidently it is difficult to express an opinion here.

Blatant nonsense.   I can’t stop you expressing an opinion here, far less make it difficult.   My impression is that nothing I - or anyone else - could say would stop you from expressing your opinion.   You disagree?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Blatant nonsense.   I can’t stop you expressing an opinion here, far less make it difficult.   My impression is that nothing I - or anyone else - could say would stop you from expressing your opinion.   You disagree?

As I’ve been more than aware in the last month there have been forum members tactically reporting fairly harmless posts in order to try to get other account holders suspended. So I remain sceptical about what you say that you can’t stop me or anyone else expressing a view. 

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I remain sceptical about what you say that you can’t stop me or anyone else expressing a view. 

That is your opinion: you are entitled to hold it and I shall fight to the death to allow you to express it freely!

However, for the record, I have never reported any poster for any comment since I joined - just not something I’ve done…

eta: on reflection, I find it intriguing that you think I would try to shut you down, just because I disagree with you.   Projecting?

Edited by Jarndyce
eta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

As I’ve been more than aware in the last month there have been forum members tactically reporting fairly harmless posts in order to try to get other account holders suspended. So I remain sceptical about what you say that you can’t stop me or anyone else expressing a view. 

How would you know are you an administrator or is this just another of your conspiracy theories?