Douglas Kerbside Recycling and Waste Collection Survey

Amadeus

32 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

You do not have to live in constituency to [stand as its] MHK perhaps you do not have to live in a Ward to stand for City Council I do not know …Offshore you may be able to carry out your threat….

You not have to live in a particular Ward to stand for/represent it on a local authority.  Amadeus doesn't live in Douglas South for instance.

In fact you don't even need to live in the local authority area to represent it.  Mrs Wells predecessor, David Christian MBE, who represented a more or less identical Ward (Hills)lived in Braddan for most of the time he led the Council.  I can remember a Port Erin Commissioner who lived in Ramsey.  In this the Isle of Man is different from England where you have live or at least work in the LA area to be a councillor.

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

It was Offshore that was saying if he lived in Mrs Wells ward he would have a go and stand against her I was wondering if he could if he lived elsewhere 🤣 

Yes he could. I don’t live in South. He won’t but we all know that anyway. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Banker said:

How would you know are you an administrator or is this just another of your conspiracy theories?

He doesn’t and it’s bollocks. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Save of course the note AT sent me confirming exactly that. 

Was that note addressed to you as offshoremanxman, lurking, bandits, optimist, Hartford, equinox, superhans, catrisk, BriT?

Or one of the many other identities you've posted using over the years?

Your posting style gives you away.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kipper99 said:

Was that note addressed to you as offshoremanxman, lurking, bandits, optimist, Hartford, equinox, superhans, catrisk, BriT?

Or one of the many other identities you've posted using over the years?

Your posting style gives you away.

The same old forum untruths and lies repeated ad infinitum doesn’t make them true. I pay to subscribe on this forum and always have done - must be a couple of hundred quid over the years. Unlike many of the stirrers and idiots who post on here from fake email accounts. I even stuck my hand in my pocket last time the forum got itself into a legal problem. What have you ever contributed to anything on here other than spreading the same old untruths and rubbish? 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Last time I remember  there was a whip round was Gubay in 2007. 

If you were a member then was it as offshoremanxman? 

I only ask because you show as having joined in May 2010

No idea I’d have to check my PayPal transaction history on dates. We’re going back an awful long time now. But the point still applies I’m happy to help fund this forum unlike a lot of the crap stirrers who come on here to throw rocks and make up nonsense and spread lies.

Edited by offshoremanxman

23 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

How much did the glossy piece of shite cost per household, Did it mention the date when we can dump her unelected arse.👍

Unelected arse it may be. But she got in because of the rules. 
Whatever you may think of her the rules are quite clear ( and rightly so)

She didn’t know when declaring that there wouldn’t be anyone else throwing their hat in the ring. So it is quite right that she ( and any others) should form part of the council.

If you are say a football team drawn  in the first round of the FA  Cup and no opponents turn up should that not entitle you to progress? Despite not having to kick a ball?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, John Wright said:

Last time I remember  there was a whip round was Gubay in 2007. 

If you were a member then was it as offshoremanxman? 

I only ask because you show as having joined in May 2010

13 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

No idea I’d have to check my PayPal transaction history on dates. We’re going back an awful long time now. 

So you pretty much admit you've had so many usernames on here you can't keep track of them.

29 minutes ago, Zarley said:

So you pretty much admit you've had so many usernames on here you can't keep track of them.

You must be really, really stupid to pull that interpretation. I’ve been registered here 13 years can you remember a payment you made 13 years or so ago? But never mind I’ll keep putting my hand in my pocket so that people like you who have been on here years and paid absolutely zip to support the forum in any way can keep on posting your wrong and misleading misinformation. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You must be really, really stupid to pull that interpretation. I’ve been registered here 13 years can you remember a payment you made 13 years or so ago? 

But the Gubay thing happened 16 years ago, according to JW. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

But the Gubay thing happened 16 years ago, according to JW. 

I literally couldn’t care less. I was making a point about paying to maintain this forum which hardly anyone does and then people who have supported the forum for years taking crap off and false information from people who don’t. I don’t have an audited history of the last 20 years or so in my head but I’d wager I’ve thrown a good couple of hundred quid in at least to keep this forum going over the years. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I was making a point about paying to maintain this forum which hardly anyone does and then people who have supported the forum for years taking crap off and false information from people who don’t.

Hang on!   Are you really saying that, as a subscriber, you should be immune from argument, criticism, etc - no matter what you post?   Are you really saying that any poster who isn’t a subscriber is not entitled to call you out when when you post crap and false information?   And non-subscribers posts are automatically crap and false information?   Wow!

You want a two-tier system and a free pass for subscribers to post whatever they please with no comeback - not very democratic on a discussion forum…

• Like 2