Douglas Kerbside Recycling and Waste Collection Survey

Amadeus

5 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Hang on!   Are you really saying that, as a subscriber, you should be immune from argument, criticism, etc - no matter what you post?   Are you really saying that any poster who isn’t a subscriber is not entitled to call you out when when you post crap and false information?   And non-subscribers posts are automatically crap and false information?   Wow!

You want a two-tier system and a free pass for subscribers to post whatever they please with no comeback - not very democratic on a discussion forum…

I would imagine having the ability to completely delete any of your posts - like he did on the last page - to be quite the draw for him as well. Wouldn't have known he did it had Kipper99 not quoted him before he deleted it. It wouldn't surprise me if he does this more than anyone realises. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Hang on!   Are you really saying that, as a subscriber, you should be immune from argument, criticism, etc - no matter what you post?   Are you really saying that any poster who isn’t a subscriber is not entitled to call you out when when you post crap and false information?  

Where did I say that at all? Once again you’re just trolling for effect when what I said was I’m not accepting lies and false information being spread by people who have contributed zip to this platform and I’m not. I could have said it simpler like - there seems to be a sock puppet clause on this platform but it only seems to be invoked by the mods or ex mods or other “favored posters”. If other posters make such baseless claims they seem to get suspended. But that would have been mis construed as well. But the fact remains I’m not accepting lies being told by people who have literally contributed nothing to this forum still being here. 

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Where did I say that at all? Once again you’re just trolling for effect when what I said was I’m not accepting lies and false information being spread by people who have contributed zip to this platform and I’m not.

You’ve just said it again!   You’ve stated that you won’t accept lies and false information (ie, what YOU CONSIDER to be lies and false information) from non-subscribers.   The implication is that you’ll accept it from subscribers, eg, you!

ps: if you can quote one example of me posting lies and/or false information - and prove it to be so - I’ll give a donation to the charity of your choice.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Zarley said:

I would imagine having the ability to completely delete any of your posts - like he did on the last page - to be quite the draw for him as well. Wouldn't have known he did it had Kipper99 not quoted him before he deleted it. It wouldn't surprise me if he does this more than anyone realises. 

Thanks for drawing attention to that - I hadn’t noticed.   It certainly alters the context of any replies when the original post is missing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:
1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

You’ve just said it again!  

You’re pointlessly arguing. And with yourself too 😂

I had a feeling that you might not have an adequate response to that…and so it proves.   Never mind.  
Bye for now.

Edited by Jarndyce
Signing off on this…
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I had a feeling that you might not have an adequate response to that…and so it proves.   Never mind.  
Bye for now.

He will accuse you of being me next.  Apparently I pointlessly argue with him when he is making himself look stupid as well 😂

2 hours ago, Ativa said:

He will accuse you of being me next.  Apparently I pointlessly argue with him when he is making himself look stupid as well 😂

No, Jarndyce is me. Not you. I’m Jarndyce and Rosie. I’ve no idea who you are  😀

The sisterhood. Doing it for themselves. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

You’re right. It was the only time ever that members were asked to contribute. It was 2007. Offshoremanxman could not have contributed then because he did not join until 2010, and yet he says he did. I mean, it must be right because he’s got such a thing about others lying that he must be telling the truth. I mean, he wouldn’t project his own lies onto others, would he?

And why was the post deleted by Offshoremanxman about Albert tipping him off about who had reported him? Is that something a moderator would do @Albert Tatlock? I’m not sure it is tbh. Unless that was another lie? Why else would it be deleted? 

It’s all very confusing.

I’m sure he’ll be along very shortly to clear it all up. Or to accuse us all of being trolls, or liars, or repeating things to make them true. (Isn’t that what he does? Even I’m getting confused now. 

I would imagine all the mod would say is "we have had reports", not who from. 

ETA the mods rely on reports as they do not scour all posts under all threads. 

Edited by Gladys

23 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

As I’ve been more than aware in the last month there have been forum members tactically reporting fairly harmless posts in order to try to get other account holders suspended. So I remain sceptical about what you say that you can’t stop me or anyone else expressing a view. 

This was what OM first said and then responded as Kipper copied, I think, (hard to follow a trail when people delete things).  TBF though, he didn't say the mods had told him who the reporters  were.  He said he had a message from AT, which as I say, probably only said there had been reports. 

4 hours ago, Gladys said:

This was what OM first said and then responded as Kipper copied, I think, (hard to follow a trail when people delete things).  TBF though, he didn't say the mods had told him who the reporters  were.  He said he had a message from AT, which as I say, probably only said there had been reports. 

You’re just getting tedious now with your general pedantry. 

6 hours ago, Roxanne said:

You’re right. It was the only time ever that members were asked to contribute. It was 2007. Offshoremanxman could not have contributed then because he did not join until 2010, and yet he says he did. I mean, it must be right because he’s got such a thing about others lying that he must be telling the truth. I mean, he wouldn’t project his own lies onto others, would he?

Your pedantry is even more tedious. I paid the payments I said I paid. I’ve also paid my dues on this forum for 13 years on top.  Must be at least £400+ over the years. I’m not interested in your tedious nitpicking, and honestly you seem to have deleted more posts on this forum than anyone else looking at your posting history but you have a go at me for deleting one post. That glass house you’re throwing rocks from has a lot of broken panes in it.