Comin Class of 2021

James Blonde

39 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Looks like one of the new CoMin policies is to put the squeeze on low to middle income earners to save Manx Gas

Not much policy change from the last Council really is it?

But they're all "really uncomfortable" with having to vote.

Daren't print what I'm thinking. 😠

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes the Bish and the new guy for Douglas North voted against.   An amendment was proposed to delay for a week, but was not carried.   Some good points were made but most stated the obvious,  worried about constituents etc.   There is a cunning plan to help the vulnerable,those on the dole , sick , those in receipt of benefits etc.  Oil has increased a lot since the last delivery but as all the council houses are on gas now and as we know the poorest of our society live in them gas is key.   I think the electric will probably be next.   Let us hope for a mild winter.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Oil has increased a lot since the last delivery but as all the council houses are on gas now and as we know the poorest of our society live in them gas is key.  

I'm not so sure that is the case.

• Like 1

You have to wonder about this. In the last administration, didn't Manx Gas continually refuse to negotiate with IOM Government for an agreement on gas tariffs ? We're already paying more than in the U.K. Government could've used this new price rise to negotiate a better long term deal for local gas consumers. Have they just caved in to Manx Gas again ?  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

You have to wonder about this. In the last administration, didn't Manx Gas continually refuse to negotiate with IOM Government for an agreement on gas tariffs ? We're already paying more than in the U.K. Government could've used this new price rise to negotiate a better long term deal for local gas consumers. Have they just caved in to Manx Gas again ?  

Yes there's def something immoral with the dealings that have gone on between Government and MG. They allowed MG to stall and delay also the refunds which still havent been paid and also the Government was apparently supposed to refund money also too users . None of this has happened either but the low rate to IOMG remained subsidised by the rest of us. It all stinks tbh so now the money Treasurery is going to pay out is likely what they should have done anyway.     

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Better still they could have used the current situation as a golden opportunity to get rid of Manx Gas once and for all. How much would Manx Gas have been worth in a month's time had Tynwald not approved the rise?

They could have been nationalised for peanuts. Even if you were just to allow them to operate at arms length with the same management structure like the Steam Packet. 

Yes gas would still be more expensive, but you would have taken MG's substantial profits out of the equation and the service would be exactly the same.

• Like 4

There's £1M of assistance being made available apparently, there's qualification criteria available on the Gov website somewhere, I CBA looking just yet. Probably HNWs and MHKs at the top.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

There's £1M of assistance being made available apparently, there's qualification criteria available on the Gov website somewhere, I CBA looking just yet. Probably HNWs and MHKs at the top.

If its anything like the supposed help they gave small business in the hospitality sector then heaven help them

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

Looks like one of the new CoMin policies is to put the squeeze on low to middle income earners to save Manx Gas

Not much policy change from the last Council really is it?

Alfie C bending over backwards for Manx Gas?

Surely not. Say it ain't so.

Looks like he and MG have now got what they wanted in the last administration, with the bonus that MG don't even have to pay us a £90 rebate. Trebles all round.

Did anyone seriously think Alfie C, with his finance background, would put a real squeeze on Ancala Partners LLP?

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2