Comin Class of 2021

James Blonde

3 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

We do need the gas, we also need a plan for affordable energy from those who put themselves forward for high political office on the IOM

Ashford's promise to protect the 'lowest earners' is just bollocks, everyone but the HNW people is going to struggle with ever increasing energy costs

Start planning now

Aahhhh Doctor Ashford now has his Professor Ashford hat on with his newly acquired  PhD in finance. What a legend. I kneel before such intellect ! . I feel only a 'Sir' is worthy now .  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

That's correct and I agree completely but it is not going to happen in the next few weeks is it. In the meantime we need the gas or people will become very unhappy.

Just a declaration of intent on renewables in the House of Keys would make living with massive gas price increases a little more bearable

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Aahhhh Doctor Ashford now has his Professor Ashford hat on with his newly acquired  PhD in finance. What a legend. I kneel before such intellect ! . I feel only a 'Sir' is worthy now .  

Apparently HM The Queen received his recommendation ....... she shredded it !

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Happier diner said:

How can you say they are just resellers. You clearly haven't a clue. They are not resellers. They run (operate and maintain)  the gas network all across the Island.

The important bit of the infrastructure is the MUA, who bring the gas to the island in the first place. IEG buy the gas off them.  IEG manage the on-islsnd piped network, yes, but that's not such a huge undertaking. Certainly not one that couldn't easily be taken over by the MUA quickly should IEG go bust.

We've spent years handing them a guaranteed 10% profit, so they can use that to tide them through what is a temporary spike in wholesale prices.

Ah well, Tynwald voted to let them continue their racketeering, so it is what it is. I might look at getting the gas boiler replaced with oil.

4 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

The important bit of the infrastructure is the MUA, who bring the gas to the island in the first place. IEG buy the gas off them.  IEG manage the on-islsnd piped network, yes, but that's not such a huge undertaking. Certainly not one that couldn't easily be taken over by the MUA quickly should IEG go bust.

We've spent years handing them a guaranteed 10% profit, so they can use that to tide them through what is a temporary spike in wholesale prices.

Ah well, Tynwald voted to let them continue their racketeering, so it is what it is. I might look at getting the gas boiler replaced with oil.

I'm afraid you are wrong. No the MUA do not have that resource available at the drop of a hat. You are fooling yourself. Yes, with planning and time to prepare yes of course.

If I were you and you were making that decision, I'd get that oil fired boiler ordered tout de suite.

4 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

Certainly not one that couldn't easily be taken over by the MUA quickly should IEG go bust.

Without any disruption to service? Do you really believe that? Really?

Even if there were suppliers to IEG who provide critical services and components who hadn’t been paid?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I'm afraid you are wrong. No the MUA do not have that resource available at the drop of a hat. You are fooling yourself. Yes, with planning and time to prepare yes of course.

If I were you and you were making that decision, I'd get that oil fired boiler ordered tout de suite.

Unlucky Alf has £400m of borrowed funding available for climate related contingencies

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Without any disruption to service? Do you really believe that? Really?

Even if there were suppliers to IEG who provide critical services and components who hadn’t been paid?

What are Manx Gas worth if Tynwald voted no? Very little, the parent company would be knocking their door down trying to sell, no private investor would be investor would be interested, they could be bought for a song and even run as a going concern a la the steam packet, although it would be more efficient to integrate them into MU.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

If I had just been made a MHK and offered DOI theres only one way I'd accept . There would have to be a management cull and CEO out the door first and a promise of continued support from CM. CS . and AG before i'd agree . There is no way its ever operating as it should unless that happens. And we all know thats not happening. More of the same it will be sadly https://19216811.cam/ https://1921681001.id/.   

• Like 2