Comin Class of 2021

James Blonde

15 minutes ago, James Blonde said:
19 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Mrs Poole-Wilson will also deputise for the Chief Minister should he be unavailable.

Deputy Chief Minister? 

Was there ever a formal Deputy CM under Quayle?  Cannan I suppose, but Quayle was always very keen to announce he was in charge - even when he was ill.

Of course the most interesting new appointment will be the CoMin Member we never talk about - the Attorney General.  Quinn is already past retirement age and had his contract lengthened.  Given the way that Poole-Wilson's attempts for even modest legal reform were stymied, I can see her wanting to bring in an outsider to shake things up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Agreed none of it. Just driven along the prom it’s still a disgrace and when they do the horse tram tracks across to the Sea Terminal there nothing going to move as the road simply isn’t wide enough on the Strand Street side at all for wagons buses or anything larger than a Transit.

They fit fine now - why would it change when the lines continue to the sea terminal? They're going on the seaward side of the parking

I feel a bit sorry for Alf. Reminds me of when you got the job of picker for games football team. There would the obvious ones that everyone wanted, but then it always got down to about 5 or 6 left and they were all crap. You just had to pick the least crap and hope for it.

Crookall is glib enough to think he can do the DOI job. He will make  load of noise but achieve nothing. It's a poison chalice and that's for sure. Not just because of mistakes, but because everyone hates the department. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Was always going to happen despite it being an awful prospect for all of us.

How long until he starts spouting from the www school of economics like he did about medicine?

When Dr Ranson tore him apart limb from limb, molecule from molecule in her evidence - backed by emails etc - in her Public Accounts hearing she noted that he got his health research from Google rather than the experts in his Department -

So, who needs experts?   It's only the economy,

Allinson, enterprise? Other than cannabis what's the hope there?

Ashford to Treasury? I'm honestly gobsmacked.

If anything I'm glad to see a gender balanced CoMin that on the face of it looks like it could be good for the Island. But those two appointments... I have no clue what is going on there. Maybe that was Cannan buying Ashfords vote?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Allinson, enterprise? Other than cannabis what's the hope there?

Ashford to Treasury? I'm honestly gobsmacked.

If anything I'm glad to see a gender balanced CoMin that on the face of it looks like it could be good for the Island. But those two appointments... I have no clue what is going on there. Maybe that was Cannan buying Ashfords vote?

And his lodges loyalty.

1 hour ago, Peter Layman said:

You're new here aren't you?

The original comment was 'when they do the horse tram tracks across to the Sea Terminal there nothing going to move as the road simply isn’t wide enough on the Strand Street side at all for wagons buses or anything larger than a Transit.'

Extending the tram tracks will not affect the road space available

2 hours ago, Declan said:

Ashford for Treasury? I would have demoted him after his mishandling of COVID not promoted him. 

The word down the pub is that Ashford did so badly at managing his own business in england that his mum had to pay for his boat ticket back to the Isle of Man. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, kevster said:

The original comment was 'when they do the horse tram tracks across to the Sea Terminal there nothing going to move as the road simply isn’t wide enough on the Strand Street side at all for wagons buses or anything larger than a Transit.'

Extending the tram tracks will not affect the road space available

Oh right, so all the materials and vehicles are going to hover above the prom then? DoI are Jedhi level money wasters. There are cones and traffic lights to be hired and used and by god they'll use them.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

Oh right, so all the materials and vehicles are going to hover above the prom then? DoI are Jedhi level money wasters. There are cones and traffic lights to be hired and used and by god they'll use them.

Nothing we need to worry about. The tram tracks are being terminated opposite the Broadway Roundel. It should be confirmed in the next few weeks once Crookall has got his comfy slippers on. 

The tram track space is just going to be grassed over. 

• Like 1