Comin Class of 2021

James Blonde

The new Chief Minister did not look or sound very comfortable or confident to me. 

he has done the best he can with what he has got to play and work around with. I almost feel sorry for him but I think he has made several basic errors in his team building and selection of members.

The naked political manoeuvrings and ambitions were all on show and to be honest in my view does not bode well. I sense the potential for some fireworks between DA and KLB as they jockey to become Alf's, and everyone else's, favourite to become the next Chief Minister. Long way to go yet though.

Allinson may have to wait a bit longer for his chance at the title. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 2112 said:

There was a time when the LibLabVanMan Party would refuse a role, until Peter Karran got Education and Beecroft got DHSC. Needless to say both ended in tears and recriminations. Will the appointment of Hooperman be any different? 

Pension scheme related to final (highest) salary?

34 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

let Dr Ewart or and medical professional deal with those questions.

I think that is where there may have been a problem.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, kevster said:

BSc = bronze swimming certificate

SSc = silver swimming certificate

Hence - 'Forgot to bring in his pyjamas on the day he was going for the gold swimming certificate though'

Oh those days, bobbing up and down in the deep end of Ballakermeen Swimming Pool with one's head nestled in the crutch of inflated pyjama bottoms.

Before Tom Sharpe had dreamed up Wilt.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

Naked ambition and greed? Not much morals and sticking to principles then. 

It was just a suggestion. I am sure they took on the roles for them to share their political expertise with the GMP. But I would also think a quiet word from an accountant might have persuaded them that their principles were going to cost them a fortune. Work it out.

With these 2 newly created boards, Housing and Climate Change, are they permanent fixtures? Are they going to have other members, recruited like tribunals etc, or are the other berths allocated to vested interest groups? Will they have teeth and serious consideration given to their views. 

We could end up with a CT essay and another pointless debate after debate to tick a box, and 5 years later, Braddan, Tromode and Onchan greenfields are full of new executive boxes, and sold to off island investors. In the meantime, urban Douglas won’t be touched, the Old Bus Station will be a car park. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barlow said:

It was just a suggestion. I am sure they took on the roles for them to share their political expertise with the GMP. But I would also think a quiet word from an accountant might have persuaded them that their principles were going to cost them a fortune. Work it out.

Hooperman is supposed to be an accountant.  

Well I think prejudging them is a bit harsh, give them a year or two to prove themselves, and reshuffles usually the place after about 18 months, Alf Cannon is pretty sharp he will not accept ay underperformances.   Also, as I have said before he has to work with what he has got.   Good luck to all of them I hope they all pull together for the good of the Island, not easy times.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

KLB will be the shining star of this new bunch, I have spoken with her and she has is no mug, I think if anyone will make things happen she will. TC is fighting a losing battle with the management at DOI before he start's, they will already know his brief from his time at Circus beach. LH may well have been given DHSC as punishment for not voting in the CM, I do hope he makes a go of it, let's face he cannot be any worse than the last 3 or can he?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

KLB will be the shining star of this new bunch, I have spoken with her and she has is no mug, I think if anyone will make things happen she will. TC is fighting a losing battle with the management at DOI before he start's, they will already know his brief from his time at Circus beach. LH may well have been given DHSC as punishment for not voting in the CM, I do hope he makes a go of it, let's face he cannot be any worse than the last 3 or can he?

We need politicos to be serious. The health service is on it’s arse won’t get better only worse before any signs of progress. 

Hooperman is a real know it all, like Ashford. Maybe AC gave him the role, thinking if he fucks it up another person can be given the role. It would be a touch of deja vu though if he failed.

Chris Thomas I’m afraid with his ‘new role’ is very much in the last chance saloon. He will have IOMNP Facebook, MF and others breathing down his neck. He has to deliver, and produce tangible results or it’s probably going to be the end of any chance at Chief Minister, and he could lose his seat if MLP target Douglas Central.

DC has to produce results without antagonist tendencies and forcing their beliefs on the rest of us. 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

With these 2 newly created boards, Housing and Climate Change, are they permanent fixtures? Are they going to have other members, recruited like tribunals etc, or are the other berths allocated to vested interest groups? Will they have teeth and serious consideration given to their views. 

Is this a preamble for two new departments, with Ministers?

2 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Is this a preamble for two new departments, with Ministers?

Probably. Nothing surprises me.

2 new departments, ministers, department members and associated flunkies, hanger ons and civil servants. More empire building, lots of recruitment and a team of media spin doctors. 

Will it achieve anything? No it won’t. It will mean tax rises to pay for ‘progress’.