Comin Class of 2021

James Blonde

38 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Probably. Nothing surprises me.

2 new departments, ministers, department members and associated flunkies, hanger ons and civil servants. More empire building, lots of recruitment and a team of media spin doctors. 

Will it achieve anything? No it won’t. It will mean tax rises to pay for ‘progress’.

But Alf wants to trim the CS sector. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 2112 said:

It’s really getting quite desperate now how IOMNP Facebook page is literally drooling over Chris Thomas as the Chair of the Housing Board, and Dafneeee Caine as the Chair of the Climate Change. They are literally pinning all their hopes of rabbits being pulled out of hats. I personally think there is more chance of a 20,000 word thesis followed by a lecture. CT was part of the previous regime that no doubt talked regularly with the vested interests, estate agents, and developers. He should know what’s going on? Presumably he will hard nice words with the right people to inform them of what his masters on other social media sites, have instructed him to do? 

As far as Climate Change is concerned, I’m sure DC will end up antagonising everyone with her holier than thou, and the taxpayers will end up footing the bill, in addition to paying their own bills.

The question might be addressed as why these two vital issues are not being brought into the government programme with the full weight of CoMin behind those taking leadership roles on the two 'boards'?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Apple said:

The new Chief Minister did not look or sound very comfortable or confident to me. 

he has done the best he can with what he has got to play and work around with. I almost feel sorry for him but I think he has made several basic errors in his team building and selection of members.

The naked political manoeuvrings and ambitions were all on show and to be honest in my view does not bode well. I sense the potential for some fireworks between DA and KLB as they jockey to become Alf's, and everyone else's, favourite to become the next Chief Minister. Long way to go yet though.

Allinson may have to wait a bit longer for his chance at the title. 

He's had his opportunity, it's for Joney Faragher now to establish herself as the leading progressive voice

Claire Christian is now in a good place to be very vocal for increasingly green-tinged enterprise, along with John Wannenburgh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

We need politicos to be serious. The health service is on it’s arse won’t get better only worse before any signs of progress. 

Hooperman is a real know it all, like Ashford. Maybe AC gave him the role, thinking if he fucks it up another person can be given the role. It would be a touch of deja vu though if he failed.

Chris Thomas I’m afraid with his ‘new role’ is very much in the last chance saloon. He will have IOMNP Facebook, MF and others breathing down his neck. He has to deliver, and produce tangible results or it’s probably going to be the end of any chance at Chief Minister, and he could lose his seat if MLP target Douglas Central.

DC has to produce results without antagonist tendencies and forcing their beliefs on the rest of us. 

If MLP contest Douglas Central it will be for the vacated seat of Ann Corlett, not necessarily that of Mr Thomas I would think

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’m not sure he or anyone else is that bothered what a load of morons on Facebook think of their performance. Certainly not that site either it’s just full of opinionated chavs largely displaying how stupid they are.

Lead by the most self-opinionated and delusional admin. 

Wish I could join again after being banned, could do with a giggle now and again. 

On 10/15/2021 at 12:12 PM, James Blonde said:

The line-up is out. A few surprises:

• Kate Lord-Brennan MHK has been appointed as Minister for the Cabinet Office
  • Dr Alex Allinson MHK has been appointed as Minister for Enterprise
  • Julie Edge MHK has been appointed as Minister for Education, Sport and Culture
  • Clare Barber MHK has been appointed as Minister for Environment, Food and Agriculture
  • Lawrie Hooper MHK has been appointed as Minister for Health and Social Care
  • Tim Crookall MHK has been appointed as Minister for Infrastructure
  • Jane Poole-Wilson MHK has been appointed as Minister for Justice and Home Affairs
  • David Ashford MHK has been appointed as Minister for the Treasury

I wonder who will be the first to jump ship and and return to what they were elected to be?? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I just meant that IOM Facebook politics groups are full of nutters so it’s nothing to fear really but now I have to ask what did you actually do to get banned on there given some of the crazies that are allowed to post? 

I had the audacity to question the self-professed journalistic credentials of the admin.  Oh, and said he was wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Last Ten said:

I wonder who will be the first to jump ship and and return to what they were elected to be?? 

When a tough decision affects a COMIN members constituency. Example, a decision which will affect the residents of Onchan. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Well I think prejudging them is a bit harsh, give them a year or two to prove themselves, and reshuffles usually the place after about 18 months, Alf Cannon is pretty sharp he will not accept ay underperformances.   Also, as I have said before he has to work with what he has got.   Good luck to all of them I hope they all pull together for the good of the Island, not easy times.

Except Crookall!

19 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Well, credit where credit's due; at least you know you're a dick and had the decency to apologise. 

Everyone can be a dick sometimes.  No issues at all admitting that I am one of those people.

Especially on an anonymous forum where you do an say things you wouldn’t say with your name in full view.

Not sure if it whooshed over you head or not? But that was the point of the post.

Have a lovely Saturday evening.

• Like 1