Comin Class of 2021

James Blonde

10 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Everyone can be a dick sometimes.  No issues at all admitting that I am one of those people.

Especially on an anonymous forum where you do an say things you wouldn’t say with your name in full view.

Not sure if it whooshed over you head or not? But that was the point of the post.

Have a lovely Saturday evening.

Same to you, I didn't quite get why you said sorry,  but what you say above is spot on. 👌 

ETA except Vader, he is a dick through and through.  In fact, if you cut him in half he would have knob written all the way through. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Everyone can be a dick sometimes.  No issues at all admitting that I am one of those people.

Especially on an anonymous forum where you do an say things you wouldn’t say with your name in full view.

Not sure if it whooshed over you head or not? But that was the point of the post.

Have a lovely Saturday evening.

Indeed but there is no need for you to abuse the privilege. 🤓

4 hours ago, Last Ten said:

I wonder who will be the first to jump ship and and return to what they were elected to be?? 

whatever you think ,they were elected to form the government  and have  RESPONSIBILITY for the good governance and well being of the Isle of man , lets give them a chance !,

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

You have to give them all a chance otherwise what's the point. It's a fresh start and it's likely that little will be achieved but let's hope they get a few things right. I picked Alf in our poll and I think he was the best choice. I hope Tim Crookall has learnt a bit too since the last time and at least he had the bottle to stand for election again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 2112 said:

We need politicos to be serious. The health service is on it’s arse won’t get better only worse before any signs of progress. 

Hooperman is a real know it all, like Ashford. Maybe AC gave him the role, thinking if he fucks it up another person can be given the role. It would be a touch of deja vu though if he failed.

Chris Thomas I’m afraid with his ‘new role’ is very much in the last chance saloon. He will have IOMNP Facebook, MF and others breathing down his neck. He has to deliver, and produce tangible results or it’s probably going to be the end of any chance at Chief Minister, and he could lose his seat if MLP target Douglas Central.

DC has to produce results without antagonist tendencies and forcing their beliefs on the rest of us. 

Chris Thomas's popularity is on the incline , he will have to produce the goods in his new role or face the wrath of the electorate ,people are seeing through him ,we don't want an Oxford debate every time an issue requires to be progressed , housing is already at crisis point ,and the islands first time buyers ,and all those involved in trying to clamber up the greasy pole of property purchase and fair rental urgently require a solution ,

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

You have to give them all a chance otherwise what's the point. It's a fresh start and it's likely that little will be achieved but let's hope they get a few things right. I picked Alf in our poll and I think he was the best choice. I hope Tim Crookall has learnt a bit too since the last time and at least he had the bottle to stand for election again.

The point is that it is we who pay who should be choosing what policies we want government to adopt, & have a say in who chairs the implementation of them in the Keys

It is utterly absurd that at the end of the general election process we are no nearer knowing the policies & programmes of the next government than we were at the start

Having to wait now until the new year for a 'programme for government' just adds insult to injury

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Omobono said:

Chris Thomas's popularity is on the incline , he will have to produce the goods in his new role or face the wrath of the electorate ,people are seeing through him ,we don't want an Oxford debate every time an issue requires to be progressed , housing is already at crisis point ,and the islands first time buyers ,and all those involved in trying to clamber up the greasy pole of property purchase and fair rental urgently require a solution ,

If housing is in crisis why isn't fixing it a key policy of Cannan CoMin with one of the most senior members of the Council taking on the job, the CM himself perhaps?

Same might be said of the other major crisis of climate, the response to which is also to hand that to another member that didn't vote for Cannan 

Is it just avoiding responsibility and seeking to politically damage potential opponents?

Edited by SleepyJoe

On 10/16/2021 at 8:17 PM, Omobono said:

whatever you think ,they were elected to form the government  and have  RESPONSIBILITY for the good governance and well being of the Isle of man , lets give them a chance !,

if the governance of the isle of `man depends on 'chance' then we m might as well scrap all the elections along with the hope and spin that goes with them.

A nations people should be able to elect people on their plans to govern, not wait until they decide what to do when they get into office. That is democracy. 

• Like 3