Entrapment ?

hissingsid

I know John will know how this plays out.    On the Nations Station’s news this morning the police have started an initiative to prevent youngsters from purchasing drink, cigarettes and fireworks.   The cunning stunt is to send good 😇 children into places that sell these commodities and see if they get served.   Surely this could be seen as entrapment or am I watching too many second rate crime shows.   Personally I do not see this working as the kids send older people in to get the goods for them.

5 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

Not much of a smart initiative if you broadcast it to everyone first

You clearly don’t understand deterrence. It’s not just about getting punished, it’s about detection and getting caught risk. Knowing it’s happening has deterrent effect, not on kids but on retail staff, who are front line defence against such sales.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Trading standards have always used this technique for Ciggies and alcohol. Fireworks is a logical extension. whether it’s morally justified is another matter entirely

They’ll  have jackets with ATF across the back soon. Alcohol, tobacco and fireworks. 

• Haha 1

We don’t have fixed speed cameras here but thread on twitter saying police often hide around the corner from a fixed speed camera and catch the motorists who slow down for fixed camera and then speed up after. Made me laugh. 

Have seen them lurking in gateways over here