Entrapment ?

hissingsid

7 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I'd also be interested in John's legal knowledge on entrapment. 'Jailbait' and spyware is used by law enforcement on the internet all the time. I wonder how many unwary browsers accidentally click on something or find themselves tracked.  

That your defence?

• Haha 2

Funny, but I'm making a serious point. The online world is no longer at the same remove from everyday life as it was twenty years ago. Now it is the everyday world, 24 hours a day, where we work, relax, communicate and get our information, and where we are all just one click away from potential dangers. The internet and social media has become the Wild West, and adequate protections for innocent users from predators, scammers, trackers, or the State are just not there.

48 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Funny, but I'm making a serious point. The online world is no longer at the same remove from everyday life as it was twenty years ago. Now it is the everyday world, 24 hours a day, where we work, relax, communicate and get our information, and where we are all just one click away from potential dangers. The internet and social media has become the Wild West, and adequate protections for innocent users from predators, scammers, trackers, or the State are just not there.

To me the online world seems much more corporate and sanitised than it was 20 and more years ago. I like that.

Where as the world 20 and more years ago seemed much more scary to me than it does today.