Legco 2021

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I’ve worked with Paul Craine and he’s nothing but diligent in all that he does. No idea who Kelsey is however. Would someone give me a two sentence appraisal and background check? Thanks. :)

More than two sentences, but her nomination papers are here:

https://www.tynwald.org.im/about/legco/Documents/Kelsey Nomination Papers (redacted).pdf

3 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Shimmins would have been a reforming LegCo member, & has been snubbed because of it - not a good day for democracy in my very personal view

Shimmins knows what he is doing and has life and also Tynwald experience head and shoulders above most of the current House. 

As such his confidence was way above the other candidates. He would not be easily influenced or manipulated. He knows the score.

He should have stood for Keys and I think he is probably regretting not doing so.

• Like 4

On 10/23/2021 at 11:42 AM, Barlow said:

No.

No, no, no and no again.

Jeesus. She will defend the establishment and all its little ways right up to the hilt.

This is a bad, bad nomination for the people of the Isle of Man.

Well, that's me shut up.

29 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Kelsey's more of the surprise, I think she's only been on the Island since 2015, but you can't get more Establishment than the Governor's Secretary.

She went to CRHS

I’m surprised with such a glowing all singing and dancing CV, which is miles better than Alf Cannan, why didn’t she contest a seat at the election? It’s worth noting that Alf Cannan went to Sandhurst, so by rights should have leadership qualities, be commanding and be able to reign in the civil service ambitions. 

2 hours ago, Barlow said:

[Kelsey] went to CRHS

Yes her father was Manx and she seems to have spent some time here in the 70s.  She also seems to have settled here 2011-12 rather than 2015 (I was going on employment history) and slotted into the Establishment remarkably quickly.

As I said earlier in the topic, it's not a bad thing to have people with outside experience and fresh eyes, it was just odd so many of them were on the candidates list.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

That’s some CV. At first I thought it was an inside job but that woman has skills. 

What on earth is a ‘sandwich’ year? 

Common in practical, technical degree study. It is a year (usually between 2nd and 3rd years of study) with a relevant business to consolidate what you have learned, give it some real-world context and help in decisions about direction after university. Usually considered a "good thing"; at least it was when I did engineering in the 70s...........

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Juan merely dresses up and plays. He won’t get his hands dirty. 

Sadly Juan in uniform is just an insult to those who have fought for their country and actually served in HM armed forces  I don't know how he has the neck to attend service related occasions ,dressed up as a commissioned  British officer ,and of significant rank , 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

As I said earlier in the topic, it's not a bad thing to have people with outside experience and fresh eyes, it was just odd so many of them were on the candidates list.

Some of those candidates had an excellent CV and good life experience. They are above comparison with likes of the proverbial postmen who make up the Keys. I suppose they didn't really stand a chance.