Legco 2021

6 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

If anyone listened to MR on Sunday Shimmins shot himself inthe foot going on about badly formed policies put forward by the last government when there was about 50% of the last government choosing the next LegCo members.  What was he thinking .

Thinking he'd be looked upon favourably by those mhks who'd done the hard yards getting re-elected was another.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

If anyone listened to MR on Sunday Shimmins shot himself inthe foot going on about badly formed policies put forward by the last government when there was about 50% of the last government choosing the next LegCo members.  What was he thinking .

Well Shimmins has plenty of time ……. at least till February 2023 till the next Legco Elections. Plenty of time to devote to his family. I wasn’t a fan of Craine but he is an improvement upon Shimmins. 

18 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

He’s the exact sort of researched based person you need in a revising chamber. 

I would say that description matches Chris Thomas to a tee. Maybe in February 2023, he could take the Legco bait, and he could still sit on committees and come up with ideas.

Edited by 2112

36 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I would say that description matches Chris Thomas to a tee. Maybe in February 2023, he could take the Legco bait, and he could still sit on committees and come up with ideas.

Sadly he still wouldn't  have achieved much  ,Chris  has really never produced anything of substance , a great talker but never delivers the goods ,what the old Manxies call a Yam Yat 

better watch out a few new kids on the block before the next general election  and Chris could be history ,we have seen this happen so many times ,I never dreamed Ann  Corlett  would  have seen him off in September , but she did ,! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

So wonderful, Phil Craine rejected by the public twice gets into Tynwald vis LegCo.    What a disappointment obviously the public’s opinion counts for nothing.   Shame on the MHKs who voted for this man.

Do you really know enough about the man to say this? Why is there shame on MHK's who voted for him? Be interesting to know what esoteria you appear to possess... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

So wonderful, Phil Craine rejected by the public twice gets into Tynwald vis LegCo.    What a disappointment obviously the public’s opinion counts for nothing.   Shame on the MHKs who voted for this man.

Hopefully Phil has a better eye for detail than you do 😂

• Haha 2

It's Paul by the way. Take it from me he certainly has an eye for detail. Stat-Man can knit fog. It's not detail types and committee men/women we need right now. We need people who'll get stuck in and tackle the big issues that we discuss on here every day. People with vision and a deep sense of what needs addressing, changing and fixing. That's not what they've voted in here. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It's Paul by the way. Take it from me he certainly has an eye for detail. Stat-Man can knit fog. It's not detail types and committee men/women we need right now. We need people who'll get stuck in and tackle the big issues that we discuss on here every day. People with vision and a deep sense of what needs addressing, changing and fixing. That's not what they've voted in here. 

Are you talking about an MHK or an MLC?  How is an MLC supposed to do what you say exactly?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Roxanne said:

That’s some CV. At first I thought it was an inside job but that woman has skills. 

What on earth is a ‘sandwich’ year? 

When you spend a year of your degree working, for example at industry, or studying, for example at an overseas university. 

Edited by 747-400
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It's not detail types and committee men/women we need right now. We need people who'll get stuck in and tackle the big issues that we discuss on here every day. People with vision and a deep sense of what needs addressing, changing and fixing. That's not what they've voted in here. 

Rubbish.  We've had endless people going on about 'big issues' and 'vision' and 'strategy' for decades now - and it's not exactly working is it?  Is there anyone who looks at the Isle of Man Government and says "What we really need is more bullshit rhetoric"?  When you have the attitude that details are for little people then you get on-going disasters like the Prom and the Airport.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2