COP21

6 minutes ago, Manxweegie said:

This is exactly right too, she got asked to be judged on her record last Scottish election and she was judged, found to be a failure, but still, she hangs on through her William Wallace like cries of freedom! 

Yes.  A mere 47.7%.  Let's hope no UK Government ever gets elected with such a low percentage. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Yes.  A mere 47.7%.  Let's hope no UK Government ever gets elected with such a low percentage. 

Last UK gov 43.6% or 13,966,454 votes for winning party, Scottish election as you have rightly said 1,291,204 or 47%.

I'd probably argue that obtaining closer to 14,000,000 votes is a much greater mandate to govern rather than just under 1,300,000, especially within the UK as a whole having a much broader and diverse electorate to appeal to. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 2:11 PM, Manxweegie said:

You would think this is the case but she is held up as the messiah of the kilt cladded indynuts! 

This is exactly right too, she got asked to be judged on her record last Scottish election and she was judged, found to be a failure, but still, she hangs on through her William Wallace like cries of freedom! 

There are certain former mining towns on the east coast that are seriously questioning the validity of the independence mantra. Most I speak to have no clue as to how independence will work or how it will be paid for. All you hear is "they can't even maintain the roads and most public infrastructure now, how the hell are they going to pay for it post-independence"?

She is deluded. 

• Like 2

According to Gef, Daphne Caine and the Manx Delegation are taking the Ben and the Train to Glasgow. 

That’s a first, will probably be a Steam Packet expert by the time she gets back. Hope she and flunkies isn’t given free access to the Mannanan Lounge. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Bitter much?

Would it stick in your craw so much to admit that they are trying to do the right thing?

Try it. It might lift your eternally gloomy perspective. 

I’m not bitter at all. I am fed up of the bandwagonnimg and grandstanding. Yes, it’s an issue which needs addressing of which I’m not denying. All we are getting is this issue rammed down our throats 24/7, and she is portraying herself as if she is the only person that can save us. Sanctimonious claptrap. I’m doing my bit and I am sure others are, especially on here. The way things are going you will have people shaming other people as to what car they drive, how they heat their homes, and what foods are in their baskets every week. Puritanical. Doing the right thing is one thing but dictating, hectoring and lecturing others is something else. 

Incidentally I saw in the Courier a whole list of events planned by IOMG to brainwash, sorry educate its citizens. All relating to climate change. If they spent as much time concentrating on the bread and butter issues as they are doing with climate change, then I will be a lot happier.

BTW - at the same time, our ‘green biosphere climate change’ Government wishes to chop down trees at Nobles Park create an access road for cars and motorcycles during TT and FOM. Setting a first class example! Government mandated hypocrisy, do what we say, not as we do. If it isn’t broke don’t fix it. 

• Like 2

On 10/28/2021 at 2:11 PM, Manxweegie said:

You would think this is the case but she is held up as the messiah of the kilt cladded indynuts! 

Both of you may or not be Scottish ( ie that Thommo bloke ) , but if you don’t live there then you don’t have a say in whether or not Scotland should be independent . That is a fact as you have to live there to have a vote on the issue. So as they say in Scotland wind your fucking necks in. 

9 hours ago, Anyone said:

Both of you may or not be Scottish ( ie that Thommo bloke ) , but if you don’t live there then you don’t have a say in whether or not Scotland should be independent . That is a fact as you have to live there to have a vote on the issue. So as they say in Scotland wind your fucking necks in. 

I have family and friends that still live in Scotland so yes while I might not have a vote in it I'm still interested in what happens.

To be honest there's not going to be a vote on independence anytime soon. They had their chance in 2014 and lost. 

the problem with all this climate change shit is when governments ask for change they want OTHER countries to change while they just pay lip service, as they are all doing it nothing changes , just like those going on about too many cars on the roads, they mean too many other peoples cars.

• Thanks 1