COP21

7 hours ago, Anyone said:

It’s not about winning , it’s about what’s best for Scotland and those who live there . But you are a knuckle dragging hun rangers unionist  of the worst type .Especially those who don’t actually live there. They are the worst. I bet your duvet is Union Jack one. 
And for the record , I’m not Scottish , don’t live there , not that bothered about the Union. But I know you lot are so thought I’d wind you up for a bit of a laugh.

You haven't wound me up though.

Losing out on 10 in a row has really screwed you lot up hasn't it? 

Edited by thommo2010

11 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well yes I was an angry young man once, caring about things and wanting to change everything. 
But then you mature and you realize not everything  needs changing. Both big and small.

Legitimized Slavery has been abolished, “Witches” are no longer drowned or burnt at the stake ( that’s good stuff)

Although blocking roads, glueing your hands to the road surface because you think that all lofts should be insulated is kind of stupid. And I know a lot of older people take part in this nonsense, but a lot of it is down to these young idealists

Especially when you've not bothered to insulate your own loft FFS. They'd do more good in one afternoon by going to B&Q buying some insulation and advertising through Age Concern or Food Banks to donate or volunteer to install it.

But that would actually mean doing something useful and protest is about being a rebel and the feels than doing anything.

One thing for sure, these are fair weather protesters. Won't see them sitting in the road when the rain is lashing down or it's sub-zero.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Especially when you've not bothered to insulate your own loft FFS. They'd do more good in one afternoon by going to B&Q buying some insulation and advertising through Age Concern or Food Banks to donate or volunteer to install it.

But that would actually mean doing something useful and protest is about being a rebel and the feels than doing anything.

One thing for sure, these are fair weather protesters. Won't see them sitting in the road when the rain is lashing down or it's sub-zero.  

How do you know they haven't insulated their own lofts? How can you be so sure they're not doing things to help other people, whether it being helping to insulate, or volunteering at food banks or similar?

FFS.

44 minutes ago, Zarley said:

How do you know they haven't insulated their own lofts? How can you be so sure they're not doing things to help other people, whether it being helping to insulate, or volunteering at food banks or similar?

FFS.

If they are happy to potentially put peoples lives in danger by blocking the road I would consider them unlikely to be that altruistic.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Whatnonsence said:

Wake and smell the coffee!!!

Cop Out 26 is what it is.
26 years of trying to persuade the huge carbon users to cut back on their use ain’t happening.

The Isle of Man carbon footprint is but a fart in the wind but hey why let that get in the way of a  good march 

If the marchers get their way how will we get any coffee?

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Because they already know that the only thing that will happen is bullshit imposed on the plebs and a continuing wealth transfer.

And the protests won't make a blind bit of difference, you could almost say they are doing the governments bidding by bringing all this to attention it means they will do something that will most likely be dome sort of tax.

Some guy on the TV this morning was talking about a meat tax

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

And the protests won't make a blind bit of difference, you could almost say they are doing the governments bidding by bringing all this to attention it means they will do something that will most likely be dome sort of tax.

It always boils down to more tax like somehow that will save the Polar bears!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, finlo said:

It always boils down to more tax like somehow that will save the Polar bears!

A bit like Watterson's sugar tax was going to contribute to the Island's population becoming less obese....

5 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

How else can society reduce meat consumption which is a significant part of the problem? Red meat especially.

Edited by pongo
  • Haha 2