COP21

1 hour ago, SleepyJoe said:

Who could forget Daphne?

The Queen is due to open the event

We can hope IOMG representation will flush out who in CanCom is actually taking political responsibility for climate change response

Perhaps it will be KLB & Mrs Barber

So is your hero Mrs Caine and her entourage going to this event using active travel or a multi day journey in an EV and boat or using the plane?

21 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

So is your hero Mrs Caine and her entourage going to this event using active travel or a multi day journey in an EV and boat or using the plane?

Just out of interest, it would be interesting how many MHKs and MLCs are actually as green as they pretend. For example, how many have electric vehicles (excluding hybrids)? How many politicos have solar panels and heat pumps? How many politicos have switched to alternative forms of fuel for heating? 

It’s important as they are supposed to be practicing what they preach, and setting an example. That also includes trips abroad, and trips off island on official business and unofficial business. If they do, do they offset the carbon emissions by for example, planting trees (at their expense)?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I was thinking about this green bollocks yesterday.  If our masters truly want us to get to net zero by 2050 they better get a move on. All new building developments should have, by law, solar panels, highest rating insulation, heat pumps and charging facility for the electric vehicle. The TT would have to be cancelled. All unnecessary use of burning carbon abandoned such as firework displays. The new steamy boat will have to run on burning unicorns or something. 

Of course non of this will happen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I’ll be very surprised if the entourage doesn’t include Alf, Ashy and a cotery of civil servants. It doesn’t matter it will come out of the £400million green loan. 

If an international head of state posing opportunity avails itself, I dare say it'll be taken

Just now, NoTail said:

I was thinking about this green bollocks yesterday.  If our masters truly want us to get to net zero by 2050 they better get a move on. All new building developments should have, by law, solar panels, highest rating insulation, heat pumps and charging facility for the electric vehicle. The TT would have to be cancelled. All unnecessary use of burning carbon abandoned such as firework displays. The new steamy boat will have to run on burning unicorns or something. 

They don't - it's the people what wants it done

Well, some of them anyway

16 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Just out of interest, it would be interesting how many MHKs and MLCs are actually as green as they pretend. For example, how many have electric vehicles (excluding hybrids)? How many politicos have solar panels and heat pumps? How many politicos have switched to alternative forms of fuel for heating? 

It’s important as they are supposed to be practicing what they preach, and setting an example. That also includes trips abroad, and trips off island on official business and unofficial business. If they do, do they offset the carbon emissions by for example, planting trees (at their expense)?

Can they charge it all to their Tynwald expense accounts?

5 minutes ago, NoTail said:

Eco-friendly fireworks have a clean burning, nitrogen-based fuel

11 minutes ago, NoTail said:

Not so. Douglas Corpy have already started by scratching the Nov 5th fireworks this year. Ahead of the curve as always...

I just wonder what they'll spend the budget on instead.

12 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Not so. Douglas Corpy have already started by scratching the Nov 5th fireworks this year. Ahead of the curve as always...

I just wonder what they'll spend the budget on instead.

I was thinking of the Christmas Lights switch on. I’m sure they may be cancelled again, as likely to either pollute the atmosphere with CO2, or be an excuse to spread COVID. 

I believe that Daphne C is going to float the delegates across on her back while they use those extra wide Manx Tartan Lapels as paddles???

Those lapels, along with wearing that Red outfit while showing her face have to be  her 'faux pas' in publicity seeking?

Where's your pride Woman?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1