COP21

4 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I wonder if they have got there yet ?   Anyone know who actually went ?  Three would have been sufficient.

According to Andy Wint on Mannin Line earlier there are 6 people heading to Glasgow.

Assuming that's Daphne and 5 security guards.

Edited by Twitch
  • Haha 1

Someone was asking about that and the reply was you do not need planning permission unless you live in a conservation area.    How true this is I don’t know but it would make sense.     My neighbour had panels put in and she reckoned it would pay for itself in about five years.    I expect it depends on individuals and the amount of electricity that is used.   That is what the salesman told her anyway 😃.

5 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Someone was asking about that and the reply was you do not need planning permission unless you live in a conservation area.    How true this is I don’t know but it would make sense.     My neighbour had panels put in and she reckoned it would pay for itself in about five years.    I expect it depends on individuals and the amount of electricity that is used.   That is what the salesman told her anyway 😃.

We’ve had one for 10 years (just for hot water). Saves us a tank of oil during the summer. My point is that if you’re on a train in the UK, you can’t fail to spot hundreds of new builds with panels on. Should be a no brainier over here. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, WTF said:

i think it is going to be a planning requirement or may be one by now.??

Building control more likely when it comes to energy use/efficiency edicts etc.

Much like the uPVC v timber window frames in conservation areas, I'm sure planning will try to force the use of tiled PV units rather than big slabs to replace exisitng slate tiles in retrofits. 

This convention/ conference….whatever is going on for two weeks….how long are our lot going for..and why six ?    The hotel bills will be astronomical as all the prices will have been put up as there will be a great demand, bit like T.T.week.    The country that is causing more pollution than anywhere else is China and they are not there..  why don’t the participating countries agree to put large levies on Chinese imports until they toe the line that would stir them up to action.   And why don’t the activists that are sitting on motorways go to China and demonstrat😚e .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1