David in court

hissingsid

Just now, Gladys said:

Both Judge Judy and Judge Rinder would make mincemeat of Heading. Let's hope Deemster Corlett takes a firm line with this fantasist*. 

*For the record, I mean Heading not Ashford in this case. 

Indeed. And let's hope that there is no cost to the public purse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, 2112 said:

It seems that any Tom, Dick and Courtney can take court action these days. If you are going to serve in a government position, you should be prepared to watch your back for those who disagree with you and watch out for the lawsuits.

Anyone can bring litigation, particularly if they represent themselves as there will be no one to advise them that it is a waste of time.  When it gets to court this week, hopefully, it will be thrown out.  

There again, there may be proper grounds for a case.  Not that I think that is likely, but let's see. 

ETA. It's down for 30 minutes, so perhaps just long enough for the Deemster to tell Heading to sling his hook. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

That’s been taken down from the MR Facebook page now. Looks like someone at MR is censoring his comments. Makes you wonder if someone on the “news” team actually supports these looneys? I went back to read that comment again and it and several others had literally disappeared. 

Looks to me the opposite. They've realised their story was wrong, deleted it (and therefore its comments), and posted a more factually correct version (and headline).

Edited by sm-iom

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Possibly either way his comment made me laugh and when I went back to find it, it had clearly been deleted along with a pile of other comments. Why would they post a new story rather than amending the old one along with Ashfords view?

To try to hide their error...