David in court

hissingsid

4 hours ago, kevster said:

Judgement is ONLINE

It's basically the Deemster explaining at great length that a politician saying something you don't like isn't the same as malfeasance in public office.  Admittedly there's some on here that have problems with that concept as well.

I note that the case had to be delayed from February because Heading[1] was ill.  Well at least we know he can't have had a virus.

[1]  Or as I suppose he'd prefer to be called 'Courtney'.  One of the oddities of his case is that this weird belief that surnames are legal fictions means that he keeps on referring to Ashford as 'David', like a small child complaining about another in nursery school.

• Haha 2

On 3/19/2022 at 4:38 AM, New Broom said:

I cannot imagine many of you are so ‘courageously’ outspoken when not behind the safety of your keyboards.

No no. I'll call you a bellend on here as much I'll call you a bellend to your face. Don't worry.

Edited by Chie
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, cissolt said:

When is the swimmer up before the courts?  He was a another Freeman of the land nutcase wasn't he?

It was adjourned last summer then it all went very very quiet. Very odd. If they'd dropped the charges you'd expect the Freeman on the Land nutters to be shouting it from the rooftops.

5 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

It was adjourned last summer then it all went very very quiet. Very odd. If they'd dropped the charges you'd expect the Freeman on the Land nutters to be shouting it from the rooftops.

There are quite a few cases that just seem be adjourned to oblivion. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Omobono said:

the former MHK John Shimmin did have some very strange mates ?  didn't  he employ Courtney as a business consultant , 

Some of the many "consultants" that our elected have seen fit to worship are the reason why we now are where we are...

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

Don't panic!  He has been studying law for the last year and will be appearing in court on Monday.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Yes and he was also an advisor on the board of HM Soles lunatic foundation. 

Shimmin was also pushing the interests of John Moore for the Arragon  Mooar development which led to the report which  hammered Shimmin and Skelly re conflicts. Moore is doing jug for VAT fraud. 

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

I got sick some years ago and was putting everything into getting better. She was the nutritionist who helped me. She couldn’t do enough to help and refused to charge me.

Reading this now is very sad.

Has covid turned some people to this? 

Long before anyone had ever heard of Covid, I went on a college course taught by her (it was an Excel course) and she was spouting all this nonsense then. I was quite surprised that she could get away with it when teaching. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Has covid turned some people to this? 

This one has been on the tinfoil hat catwalk for a long time now.

There are plenty of self-styled nutritionists about, but a registered dietitian working as a nutritionist is generally a potential red flag.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Absolute fruit loop. How do people end up believing all that s***e? 

Very easily. 

All legislation is written by the powerful and enforced against the weak. "The law" is simply whatever those with power, those with the guns and the prisons,  want it to be. 

The idea that you can spout some magic words and exempt yourself from all of that is very appealing. It's also bollocks, of course; if it were that easy everyone would do it.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 1