David in court

hissingsid

On 4/2/2022 at 3:18 PM, Ringy Rose said:

Very easily. 

All legislation is written by the powerful and enforced against the weak. "The law" is simply whatever those with power, those with the guns and the prisons,  want it to be. 

The idea that you can spout some magic words and exempt yourself from all of that is very appealing. It's also bollocks, of course; if it were that easy everyone would do it.

I refuse to respect any of them til one of them uses it as a defence in a cool crime instead of it always being "I don't want to pay my bills" shite.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

IOMG happily employed him. He must have had views and opinions prior to Covid, or did Covid bring out certain views and opinions in people, to the fore? 

It made what appeared to be sane but moany people come out as being genuine nutters. Plenty of them on Twitter.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 2112 said:

IOMG happily employed him. He must have had views and opinions prior to Covid, or did Covid bring out certain views and opinions in people, to the fore? 

Oh his pre-Covid views were very similar.  Here's a topic from 2018 where his anti-vaccine views are being discussed.  He was never actually employed by the government, just a (possibly self-appointed) 'adviser', but when Shimmin was at DED (as DfE was), no fantasist or grifter was ever turned away, no matter how implausible their ideas were.  Not that things have changed much, just that now they have to be 'one of the lads'.

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

It made what appeared to be sane but moany people come out as being genuine nutters. Plenty of them on Twitter.

Covid has flushed a lot of the nutters out. It’s been a genuine meltdown event for a few people I know. It’s probably been the same for him as I think he believed in all that freeman nonsense well before covid so covid probably made his conspiracy theories about state interference even worse. I know a few people who came out as anti vaxxers over covid and in normal times I’d say they were perfectly sensible people who just appeared to go over the edge during lockdown. 

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

He and his mates are stood on Parliament Sq. in Ramsey every morning and evening if anybody wants to ask/hear his opinions.

I actually would like that. I enjoy I good debate and I am all for having my views/opinions challenged but I get the feeling he and his crew won't be of the same thinking