Berry Telecom

Lightening McQueen

1 hour ago, Overdose said:

I've got so fed up with MT with the fibre rollout debacle that I'm now using Starlink.  I can't see myself ever going back to a local telecoms, Starlink have a great customer service and the service itself is a breeze to set up.

Isn't Blue Wave their local partner on the local retail side?

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Isn't Blue Wave their local partner on the local retail side?

Nope, everything is done through the Starlink website apart from installing the dish, which anyone can do.  Bluewave as far as I can gather are maintaining the ground station.

5 minutes ago, Overdose said:

Nope, everything is done through the Starlink website apart from installing the dish, which anyone can do.  Bluewave as far as I can gather are maintaining the ground station.

So who's installing the dish if you can't do it yourself?

Edited by Andy Onchan

2 hours ago, immortalpuppet said:

May have misunderstood their model slightly but aren’t  Berry T just corporate VOIP providers?

Easy market to break into on the IOM.

That's how I see it. They provide VoIP like dozens others do on the Island.

I don't think MT or Sure are worried.

More chance of these folk picking Berry's in the plantations than putting fibre in the ground.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1

Is it the same company who do the chocolates?

I'm a bit of a cynic regards faster broadband, my own low use, CH4s Grands Prix catch up and a bit of UTube music suffices.

Will fibre broadband allow me to speed read Man@@@@x For@@@@ums?

Do some people just want faster and bigger and size me up because it's there and they can???

Hi all , just found this thread , if you have any questions about our plans on the island then please don't hesitate to ask me, just to clear up a couple of points im no relation to Bonny 😆 and we are called berry telecom as where I grew up in the uk was well known for strawberry fields and farms.

Anyway i'm Simon Langford Founder of berry so feel free to ask away if your interested in what we are up to 

After a lot of market research on island we discovered that there was definitely an appetite for our services , many businesses we visited all seemed to be paying way too much for their  business telecoms and using outdated hardware as well . 

The businesses we have already taken orders from have all managed to update their telecoms to Berry and save money on top 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 12:03 PM, NoTailT said:

That's how I see it. They provide VoIP like dozens others do on the Island.

I don't think MT or Sure are worried.

More chance of these folk picking Berry's in the plantations than putting fibre in the ground.

Hi we are a full licensed telecoms provider on the island , we can provide analogue lines / fibre broadband / sip trunks / phone systems and eventually we will be able to provide mobiles as well .

we are only aiming at businesses initially as that’s out core market back in the Uk 

• Thanks 2

Afternoon all.

If any business owners would like Russell to visit their premises next week and show you how we aim to streamline your telecoms through a mixture of tablet phones, mobile apps and soft phones for home offices/ external workers then please just let me know …. That way you will all have the knowledge needed to make your own informed decision on what we are looking to provide the islands.

Historically the businesses we have already brought over to Berry have saved 30 to 40% on their monthly spend and will now have a new phone system that is tailored around the way THEY work and how the business owners see their company progressing in the future.