DoI not fit for purpose

joebean

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Aren’t they planning to finish in next 2 weeks which is why road has been closed in evenings, however I would think the rain last week will have delayed it again!

It was originally due to be finished on 19th July, then they applied for another 12 week restriction through to 11th October, now they're on their third block through to 12th November... no doubt that will be extended until 17th December. 

No doubt when they get around to doing the other end of the road in the village they will have an equally ridiculous long period of disruption. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/30/2021 at 12:40 PM, Happier diner said:

Yes i agree. There is a culture of fear and negativity which isn't helped by a lack of engineering and project management ability.  Black is not an uncapable guy and to be fair to him he has to play the hand he has been dealt, but is this to much for someone who never had a track record when appointed.

Therefore it needs a shake up because their performance has been unacceptable poor and unfortunately someone has to be made accountable for that

NB should not have been given the position in the first place, he was not capable of running the bus company yet they made him CEO of the whole of Infrastructure, only the IOM CS could failure be rewarded with the top job.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Is that a lot for a full website for an airport?  I wouldn’t have thought so to be honest?

25k is a lot of money, but is it expensive for what they have got in return and the revenue it will generate through advertising?  I am not sure it is really.

5 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Is that a lot for a full website for an airport?  I wouldn’t have thought so to be honest?

25k is a lot of money, but is it expensive for what they have got in return and the revenue it will generate through advertising?  I am not sure it is really.

It is when the new site is worse that the thing that it replaces. 

Interesting that Manx Radio has chosen to make an FOI request... glass houses and stones. 

Edited by James Blonde

5 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

It is when the new site is worse that the thing that it replaces. 

Interesting that Manx Radio has chosen to make an FOI request... glass houses and stones. 

What’s wrong with it?

I just had a look and was able to find everything you would need from an airport website more quickly and easily than on the old one 🤷‍♂️

It seems clear and easy to navigate so I am not sure what the issue is?  It is much better than the old one which was a pita to find things on.

3 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

What’s wrong with it?

I just had a look and was able to find everything you would need from an airport website more quickly and easily than on the old one 🤷‍♂️

It seems clear and easy to navigate so I am not sure what the issue is?  It is much better than the old one which was a pita to find things on.

Maybe it's just me! 🤣

21 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I wouldn’t mind but it looks s**t. 

It’s needless, another nice to have, it doesn’t matter whether £50 or £50,000 was spent, it was needless and pointless. It’s not a website that is a must go to for all my information needs. If I want to know flights arrivals and departures I can use the app flight radar. This island just loves to throw money away needlessly. It’s like a person with money in their pocket burning a hole, and it must be spent. 

I dread to think how much the new TT scoreboard is going to cost, either to construct or hire? You can be guaranteed that whoever supply’s it or sells it, will either charge a Manx Premium or have the island over the proverbial barrel.

3 minutes ago, 2112 said:

It’s needless, another nice to have, it doesn’t matter whether £50 or £50,000 was spent, it was needless and pointless. It’s not a website that is a must go to for all my information needs. If I want to know flights arrivals and departures I can use the app flight radar. This island just loves to throw money away needlessly. It’s like a person with money in their pocket burning a hole, and it must be spent. 

I dread to think how much the new TT scoreboard is going to cost, either to construct or hire? You can be guaranteed that whoever supply’s it or sells it, will either charge a Manx Premium or have the island over the proverbial barrel.

You think the airport doesn’t need a decent and up to date website?

Quality 😂

• Thanks 1

A couple of widgets don't work.

The cost should be broken down as to what work was involved. There may be prepayments for copyright on photos etc which can be expensive, although there's no shortage of copyright-free stuff out there on t'interweb.

On balance it does look as though, yet again, we haven't really got value for money.

ETA:  And most likely being hosted on IOMG servers, the cost of which is already paid for.

Edited by Andy Onchan
Hosting

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

You think the airport doesn’t need a decent and up to date website?

Quality 😂

It certainly does, it also needs management who actually have a clue as to what an airports function is, and not reality TV morons or bullshit purveyors spending millions and achieving fuck all !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Paying a volunteer group to do what used to be the work of a DOI section. More cost effective than DOI? More than likely. More pride in the job? More than likely. But is it the way forward?

Screenshot_20211117-223320_Chrome.jpg

12 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Paying a volunteer group to do what used to be the work of a DOI section. More cost effective than DOI? More than likely. More pride in the job? More than likely. But is it the way forward?

Screenshot_20211117-223320_Chrome.jpg

I believe that cost was the materials etc, it includes the mountain bike tracks through plantations and the green lanes. I think a couple of groups are involved?