DoI not fit for purpose

joebean

5 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I have a plan. The chewing gum problem is so invasive that the best solution is to paint Strand Street masticated-chewing-gum colour. Then there is no need to remove the used gum. There is the secondary advantage that it becomes a non-slip surface.

Brilliant.  Your talents are wasted wherever you are.

Or the Arts Council could sponsor a chewing gum street artist to paint little pictures on the gobs of gum. 

25 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I apologise for relying on the encyclopedic knowledge of ManxForum members rather than searching for the data myself - what happened to The Diesel, alias The Cabbage? Is the cost written off? Have the remnants been disposed of as scrap? Will it make yet another return?

It will end up in a kids play area for kiddies to climb over like the Mooragh park train did.

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

MUA. Nothing to do with DOI.

Haven't they gone to planning with the scheme?

I think that’s the plan, but wouldn’t it be sensible to buy subject to planning permission? Otherwise we could have the same as the property they purchased for Peel which was then refused PP for sewage 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

I think that’s the plan, but wouldn’t it be sensible to buy subject to planning permission? Otherwise we could have the same as the property they purchased for Peel which was then refused PP for sewage 

Can you get planning permission based on property you don't own. @John Wrightor @Roger Mexico would know. I assumed you couldn't but I am most likely wrong.

51 minutes ago, Banker said:

Wasn't needed. They knocked it down anyway, without 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Can you get planning permission based on property you don't own. @John Wrightor @Roger Mexico would know. I assumed you couldn't but I am most likely wrong.

Here's chapter and verse:

Who Can Apply for Planning Approval?

Anybody. A landowner of a site does NOT need to be the applicant, nor is land ownership a material consideration in planning terms. Applicants, if they are not the landowner, are encouraged to notify and liaise with the land owner in any submission as the granting of approval does not allow or authorise the development of land outside of an applicant’s ownership or control. An appointed agent (architect, planning consultant or surveyor) may submit a planning application and act on behalf of the applicant.

8 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I don't they are tenants either, and a tenant would have to have the owners permission I guess.

Probably a tenant with a long lease or a business tenant (or else why do it?) and very likely the lease would stipulate getting landlord permission and probably require the tenant to reinstate the property at the end of the tenancy.  It all depends on the terms of the lease.