DoI not fit for purpose

joebean

9 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I think Dandara are doing the works, via a subcontractor. However the DOI should not be allowing them to take the piss as they are doing. 00's of commuters held up twice a day. Queued at road works that should have been completed months ago. No sign of urgency. 

I'm thinking I might apply for a road closure/traffic light order, rent some lights and just have a crack at fucking up a road for 9 months. 

13 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I think Dandara are doing the works, via a subcontractor. However the DOI should not be allowing them to take the piss as they are doing. 00's of commuters held up twice a day. Queued at road works that should have been completed months ago. No sign of urgency. 

But just think how much time commuters will save when they can use the wonderful new Ballasalla Bypass!

5 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

I'm thinking I might apply for a road closure/traffic light order, rent some lights and just have a crack at fucking up a road for 9 months. 

🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

But just think how much time commuters will save when they can use the wonderful new Ballasalla Bypass!

I am struggling to understand why they didn’t/don’t just build and finish the feckin round-a-bout now and do away with the lights? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Will Halsall said:

🤣🤣🤣

I am struggling to understand why they didn’t/don’t just build and finish the feckin round-a-bout now and do away with the lights? 

Aren’t they planning to finish in next 2 weeks which is why road has been closed in evenings, however I would think the rain last week will have delayed it again!

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That's right. It will solve a problem that didn't exist. 

The only problem that existed, was how the developer could get a weak minded MHK on board to enable it to build 350 houses on green fields . This it did with spectacular success !

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, asitis said:

The only problem that existed, was how the developer could get a weak minded MHK on board to enable it to build 350 houses on green fields . This it did with spectacular success !

asitis, regarding weak minded MHK’s, and relating to a subject you and I differ on, have you seen this:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mhk-wants-answers-on-derelict-hotel-site/

My personal opinion is that Tim Glover bought the rhetoric from Derbyhaven residents, and is paying them back by tabling a question in the house tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Will Halsall said:

asitis, regarding weak minded MHK’s, and relating to a subject you and I differ on, have you seen this:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mhk-wants-answers-on-derelict-hotel-site/

My personal opinion is that Tim Glover bought the rhetoric from Derbyhaven residents, and is paying them back by tabling a question in the house tomorrow.

I don't hold much hope for any sensible solution to the issue now as sides are too entrenched and its been too long ! I confess the best solution imo would be compulsory purchase it and rewild it, that way no profit making entity wins but the wildlife does. Good wishes.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, asitis said:

build 350 houses on green fields

.....'little boxes on the hillside, little boxes made of ticky-tacky and they all look just the same'.

The 'planners' (and I use the term as derogatorily as I can) are to blame wholly and solely for the eyesores that Dandara have been allowed to plaster the Island with.

Apart from the supply of brown envelops drying up, there was/is nothing to prevent the 'planners' from imposing house designs in keeping with the Manx heritage, existing architecture and in sympathy with the countryside.

Instead, the 'ghetto' estates have been allowed to be built to replicate any other bog-standard unimaginative estates more at home in Hemel Hempstead than the Isle of Man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3