Health

Ramseyboi

1 minute ago, Danoo said:

I haven't looked at a McDonalds menu for about a decade. I'm sure it's still made from the same barely digestible ingredients though. Or they may even have updated it to cater for the people who want to feel better about themselves by going there and ordering a side salad of cheap, chlorinated GMO veg to go with their chicken nuggets. 

I would suggest you maybe have a look before spouting anymore bullshit.

21 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Nothing wrong with a McDs every now and then if you can afford it.   

Agreed.  Everything in moderation.  If you have reasonable health and diet usually, an occasional Maccies isn't going to do you any harm.

I probably get one every couple of weeks.  Sometimes with time factors etc when you need something to eat right now, and you're driving around there are few other options. 

Edited by The Phantom

1 minute ago, The Phantom said:

Agreed.  Everything in moderation.  If you have reasonable health and diet usually, an occasional Maccies isn't going to do you any harm.

I probably get one every couple of weeks.  Sometimes with time factors etc when you need something to eat right now, and you're driving around there are few other options. 

Exactly.  Safe in the knowledge that plenty of ignorant and sanctimonious dicks are driving past making judgments about you based on you food choice, which is actually better or no worse than you than all sorts of other food that they themselves eat regularly.

Can’t beat a preorder on the app on your phone and just collecting.  In and out in minutes and a decent value (if you can afford it, cheaper ways of eating are available) reasonable meal.

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Sure, let's start here:
ZBrb84P.png

Doesn't make the products they serve up any more edible though. They might look nice, smell nice, taste nice and be a reasonable price but there's a reason you're still hungry after eating a bucketload of it, as your body wonders what the fuck you have just shovelled down the hatch and is waiting for some actual nutrients to process. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Doesn't make the products they serve up any more edible though. They might look nice, smell nice, taste nice and be a reasonable price but there's a reason you're still hungry after eating a bucketload of it, as your body wonders what the fuck you have just shovelled down the hatch and is waiting for some actual nutrients to process. 

This post ladies and gentleman comes from the same person who less than half an hour ago admitted they haven’t seen a menu for about a decade.

This makes it one of the most researched ManxForums posts of recent years being based on information that is only ten years old in a time when obesity and food quality has been high on lots of people’s agendas and the business in question has managed to adapt its menu to remain successful in a changing world.

I suppose as an adult one every now and then isn't so bad, as long as you throw it up afterwards.

It's the parents who take their kids there that really irks me. The poor things are still developing and and in need of some proper nutrition and they get given a load toxic shite and e-numbers to eat on a regular basis. Then we wonder why the kids are so sick.  

3 minutes ago, Danoo said:

I suppose as an adult one every now and then isn't so bad, as long as you throw it up afterwards.

It's the parents who take their kids there that really irks me. The poor things are still developing and and in need of some proper nutrition and they get given a load toxic shite and e-numbers to eat on a regular basis. Then we wonder why the kids are so sick.  

Are you deliberately trolling?

What toxic shite are you banging on about?

You think the chicken nuggets are all mashed up giblets and stuff don’t you?

12 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Exactly.  Safe in the knowledge that plenty of ignorant and sanctimonious dicks are driving past making judgments about you based on you food choice, which is actually better or no worse than you than all sorts of other food that they themselves eat regularly.

Can’t beat a preorder on the app on your phone and just collecting.  In and out in minutes and a decent value (if you can afford it, cheaper ways of eating are available) reasonable meal.

Actually, funnily enough a few years ago, Maccies possibly saved my life. 

I'd been on a big ride and admittedly not fuelled up before/during (I had a tooth infection at the time).

On the way driving home, called into Maccies as I was feeling a bit ropey.  Walked into my house and collapsed with a massive sugar crash - luckily landed near my Supersized Lemonade and was able to suckle from the floor for a power-up.

It was kinda like when you give a sick bee sugar water! 

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Ah now, this is a good one.

McDonalds < or > than home made sausage and mash with loads of butter?

McDonalds < or > than an M&S chicken and bacon sub?

McDonalds < or > than A chicken korma and naan?

etc etc.

Not a price issue but I believe you are alluding to the food being low quality but you are possibly one of those people who thinks a quick pasta salad from M&S or Boots is a fine lunch.

Nothing wrong with a McDs every now and then if you can afford it.   Out of interest, when did you last actually look at their menu?

Spot on.  I never go to McDonalds, but my kids do occasionally.  Every day would be a problem, like anything eaten every day to the exclusion of all else.

I can't understand cars queuing down the road for it though.  Ever.  I'd rather go in the petrol station for a cheap pie than block the road waiting for Maccy's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Are you deliberately trolling?

What toxic shite are you banging on about?

You think the chicken nuggets are all mashed up giblets and stuff don’t you?

I'm mainly trolling but my underlying point is still justified.

If people want to eat at McDonalds then just front up and say you realise you are eating shite, no worse than 8 pints and a kebab on a Friday night for example. Just don't try and attempt to justify it by saying it's actually not too bad and you'd be surprised if you checked out the menu with the new range of nutritious options for the increasingly food conscious consumer. 

It's crap. You know it's crap, I know it's crap, everyone knows it's crap, even McDonalds themselves know it's crap so let's just agree it's ideally not what you want to be shoving down your cakehole.

Edited by Danoo
  • Haha 2