Jet Set Juan

James Blonde

41 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

Were you also told the exorbitant  price of the transport, the hotel and food, drink etc etc etc, Andy, or do you consider that to be unimportant? You mention Premier Inn like it is some sort of prison or cesspit. Please do not expect people to feel sorry for the Manx Politicians and their minders etc. 

Accomodation is so ludicrously expensive in Glasgow for the duration that the mighty CNN has setup Wolf Blitzer and their team in Edinburgh to cover the COP Conference in Glasgow.

Our buffoons are joyriding and virtue signalling. At OUR expense. Congratulations on another very fine start to the new five year junta. 

Sadly Alf has to work with the TOOLS at his disposal. Some of them aren’t the sharpest either, and some need to be re-wired. Some are part of the permanently angry agit prop mob, and whatever you do, no matter how much you legislate, they won’t be happy, will cry foul and like Oliver, will want more.

Juan on the other hand is something completely different. He could have made a difference, he could have been a big beast at the top table but he flunked that test. He failed in the popularity stakes to be El Presidente, and it comes to something to get Skelly elected to the role. Obviously he was the only candidate to be Squeaker, nobody wanted the role even for the fame and adulation. If we look to the next election Juan can either pack in being an MHK as he has served more that 15 years, or again he can submit himself for the EL Presidente role - which I doubt he will get. So it’s back to being Squeaker and prancing around pretending to look important and official. 

Edited by 2112
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

Were you also told the exorbitant  price of the transport, the hotel and food, drink etc etc etc, Andy, or do you consider that to be unimportant? You mention Premier Inn like it is some sort of prison or cesspit. Please do not expect people to feel sorry for the Manx Politicians and their minders etc. 

Accomodation is so ludicrously expensive in Glasgow for the duration that the mighty CNN has setup Wolf Blitzer and their team in Edinburgh to cover the COP Conference in Glasgow.

Our buffoons are joyriding and virtue signalling. At OUR expense. Congratulations on another very fine start to the new five year junta. 

It was booked (February?) last year, apparently. And I was merely responding to Sid's assertion (and now yours) that it would be expensive. I have no idea if it was or not but I doubt Premier Inn's pricing model will be any different to any of the others' for the COP26 period. And I'm certainly not a government apologist, far from it. If you look back through my comments I'm probably one of their fiercest of critics.