A Plan

TheTeapot

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

What is planned is Nazi style big government infrastructure and work plans

Pity we couldn't have got the Nazis to build Douglas prom just now.....lots of their other stuff would still be standing if the allies hadn't bombed the shit out of it....

14 hours ago, Kopek said:

Love him or loath him, I don't think we can describe Alf Cannan as either a Clown or a Nazi !

( He's neither funny nor Fascist !).

He's not a fascist, but I did think labelling those who oppose his plan as the 'destabilizers in our society' gives some indication of his thinking

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, asitis said:

I'm still wrestling with "visionaries" tbh.

10 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Delusionaries?

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one."

- Alfred Cannan MHK, Chief Minister 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is part of the report on the Island Plan debate in Tynwald this week (Manx Independent).

If ever there was a case of "make it up as we go along", this must be it. In support of this, further in the report, it's flagged up by Tim Glover that there's not even been any costings for the aims and ambitions...

20220204_103417.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

This is part of the report on the Island Plan debate in Tynwald this week (Manx Independent).

If ever there was a case of "make it up as we go along", this must be it. In support of this, further in the report, it's flagged up by Tim Glover that there's not even been any costings for the aims and ambitions...

20220204_103417.jpg

Alfy and Katy kissing in a tree. Or was it a table in the legislative chambers 😇